DnB Static buzz sound in massive?

Stompz

Hey guys, new to the forum so apologies if this question is a bit nooby, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea how i can get a kind of static buzz sound out of massive (i sony have anything but NI plug-ins available) it can be heard in playground back chat by skeptical:

Bit crusher most likely, the one in massive isnt great but the stock logic one is bar none, you can almost try any waveform, but maybe try the basics (sine, square) and possibly take highs off the square before you process it. Its a thick sound bass so id put saturation, light distortion, or heavy... and other stuff, eqs (vintage are the best, check puigtec by waves, such amazing colour on all aspects of the mix and can be used on every sound)

Ill give a more step by step

1: Open up a sine wave, in massive you can use 2 unison and apply restar via gate, as were gonna use a clean sub for this anyway..
2: Add bit crusher and use a lot of downsampling, in logic, x40, resolution anything above 8 is fine, you get lower and it ruins the sound
3: add processing, saturation, eq
4: Play around with using a another bit crush but dont apply much drive on it just use the downsampling
5:confused:
6: Skeptical fucking bass blud

Back
Top Bottom