State - Folded Expression (WIP)

Nice one. You got the basis of a good track. Being a WIP I'm not assuming you're gonna add a few edits/fills/breakdown etc. Should be good.
One thing that I wasn't too keen on was the delay you have on the vocal in the intro. Not the delay itself, just the settings. Sounded a bit out on first listen.

really feelin all the stuff youve been coming out with the last couple o months. jealous that i cant write as consistently lol!

only thing id say with this is that the into shaker/hats are to static and sharp for me tho, sure ull fix that tho. nice one (y)

Nice one. You got the basis of a good track. Being a WIP I'm not assuming you're gonna add a few edits/fills/breakdown etc. Should be good.
One thing that I wasn't too keen on was the delay you have on the vocal in the intro. Not the delay itself, just the settings. Sounded a bit out on first listen.

Cheers.

Yeah ive got a load of variations plannes for this tune mate.
This is the result after 1 1/2 hours of working on it, gonna sort the arrangment then tart it up... could even be done by tonight if i pull my finger out lol.

really feelin all the stuff youve been coming out with the last couple o months. jealous that i cant write as consistently lol!

only thing id say with this is that the into shaker/hats are to static and sharp for me tho, sure ull fix that tho. nice one (y)

Im glad your liking 'em mate thanks. Ive got an idea for the drum intro, i havnt really EQ'd anything yet so ill get on it soon. Gotta make every element compliment each other.

About consistency..... Only one or two tracks sound ok out every six i attempt, thats why its sometimes good to have a unit of two producers so the other can be brutally honest to the other and vice versa. I work alone tho....

Tracks got a lot of potential!!
My only beef is on the first listen i was expecting drums to kick in after u rise the effects up like a logistics tune would or summin, around the 0.44 -0.45 mark. then at 1.07 the use of the vocal is a bit too much.
Personally where the drums actually do kick in i would of introduced the bassline, but its your tune man! lol
Keep at it im sure it will be soundin good at the end result!
Big up!

Tracks got a lot of potential!!
My only beef is on the first listen i was expecting drums to kick in after u rise the effects up like a logistics tune would or summin, around the 0.44 -0.45 mark. then at 1.07 the use of the vocal is a bit too much.
Personally where the drums actually do kick in i would of introduced the bassline, but its your tune man! lol
Keep at it im sure it will be soundin good at the end result!
Big up!

cheers for the words maN!

Dude- sounding pretty big!
A couple of things that spring to mind: drums need a bit more 'snap'- at the moment they sit quite far back in the mix, and would probably benefit from a bit more punch.

The riff you play on the keys sounds a little iffy, its quite simplistic if you know what I mean - I'm no keyboard player I admit, but the chords you are playing seem too basic to fit nicely. (The keys on face of stone for example fit perfectly)

The sub is fine, and the vocals are quite nice (if heavily delayed as subprime mentioned)
As a package it's pretty solid, but those elements jumped out at me.

Keep us all posted with your surprises? :)

Sounding crispy mate. Nice vocal. Some hats sound a little mashy. I would half the amount of "dont you's" Its a nice vocal, but you can have too much of a good thing.
Nice work mate. Look forward to hearing the polished article.
respect

nice looking forward to the finished product - if its owt as good as your last effort I'm defo gonna be a big fan (just listening to it again (face of stone) .....love it!! )

woah- that piano caught me by surprise.. quite a lot of reverb on it.. not sure if it works or not though.

Vocal still works really well.
Liking the sunny vibe... :)
Sub is cool; quite musical.
Drums are tight. Love the breakdown with the toms.

Mix seems a little muddy on my headphones, lots going on and not much room to 'breathe'. Might just be me though?

Good progress.

this is 10000000000x better than wen i last heard it! All i say is if u had a harder hittin snare it would fit this tune alot love the bassline n riff man, great work mate! Im feelin this very much! Props!!!!

Nice one. Really good stuff.
For feedback:
The piano is ok for me.

You kinda bring in the drums before the bass which takes away a bit of the power of the drop, so I was going to suggest high/low passing or holding them back a bit until the sub drops, but that might be all obvious and cliched like every other tune.

The sub was good and low and loud, but had a very short release, which sort of made the tune pulse (monitors)

Two minor points, all good otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom