State - face of stone (liquid)

great surface noise. drums are nice and clear, really quality stuff.

I would do a diff filter on the bline when it's pitched up in the intro, sounds cheese and belies the real bass --

ostinato-type-thing with the lowpass oscillating fits well with the piano and vocals.

the vocals that come in @ 2:24 are in the wrong key, maybe sort that out

kinda weird when you improvise with the pitch on the bline arond 2:50 though. XP

good progression and good tune! any chance for a remix? ;)

really good vibe with this tune proper feeling it the only thing I'd change is maybe the LFO on the b line - seems to be quite off timing wise sometimes but i suppose that could just be personal taste - bar that its all good to me - congrats

Really like this *State!
It's Rollin mate!

Only crit is that the vocals seem a bit 'buried' in the mix. could be a bit 'shinier' maybe (5-8khz)

Where did you get the vocal from? Rather like it :)

I like the buildup in the intro, the vocals are ok, the only thing for me is that the bassline could have some more power to them. What software do you use for your beats?

great surface noise. drums are nice and clear, really quality stuff.

I would do a diff filter on the bline when it's pitched up in the intro, sounds cheese and belies the real bass --

ostinato-type-thing with the lowpass oscillating fits well with the piano and vocals.

the vocals that come in @ 2:24 are in the wrong key, maybe sort that out

kinda weird when you improvise with the pitch on the bline arond 2:50 though. XP

good progression and good tune! any chance for a remix? ;)

Ive been listening to this tune so many dam times, its hard to judge whats 'right' for it. Cheers for raising your points tho, it will help.

really good vibe with this tune proper feeling it the only thing I'd change is maybe the LFO on the b line - seems to be quite off timing wise sometimes but i suppose that could just be personal taste - bar that its all good to me - congrats

I have been in two minds about the LFO, in the end i opted for an offbeat LFO. Cheers man.

Really like this *State!
It's Rollin mate!

Only crit is that the vocals seem a bit 'buried' in the mix. could be a bit 'shinier' maybe (5-8khz)

Where did you get the vocal from? Rather like it :)

Ta mate. Yeah i wacked a filter on the vox and quite liked the effect so i left it, got some fine tuning ahead i think.

I like the buildup in the intro, the vocals are ok, the only thing for me is that the bassline could have some more power to them. What software do you use for your beats?

Thanks for the comment mate, I was doubting it last nite when "mastered" it through headphones.

Thanks all for the feedback, its always handy!

then at the very least double-check the vocals being in the wrong key @ the time I pointed out ;)

Nice tune. Like the bass/lfo business. Drums are nice and shuffly.

Ta mate.

I shit myself earlier... got home from work switched my pc on and got something worse than the "blue screen of death", it was making loud clicking noises and wouldnt boot up, i ended up blasting all the dust out of it with campressed air, disconnecting then reconnecting some of the related wires. In the end i had to boot it manualy which was a bit of a guessing game... but paid off. NOT taking anymore chances, its time to back everything up! lol.

yeah man! That's havin' it!! :applause::drums::rave:

Let me know if there's a 320 available!? :D or where I can buy one from you mate.

Nice work!!

You might actually be able to buy it (digital) in the near future mate, I'll let you know when! cheers.

likin it... send me a vinyl?

The tune isnt pressed mate, if you can get some more people that would buy it i could sort something out.:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom