Starting..

ChunkyMunky

Am just starting up, what, in your opinion, are the best complete package products for mp3? Was looking at numark idj2 or something along those lines..

Any opinions?

depends on how far you're willing to go... if it's just for fun than these are ok...but if you would like to go out and play at random gigs, I suggest getting decks or cdj's.

This thing is really nothing compared to the real deal...

Am just starting up, what, in your opinion, are the best complete package products for mp3? Was looking at numark idj2 or something along those lines..

Any opinions?

You'll find it hard to be fully accepted and be able to play out on a laptop or MP3 mixer, a lot of DNB heads are vinyl purists and are still slightly skeptical of CDJs.

As tongue flap said best to go with either 2 turntables or cd decks with mixer

You'll find it hard to be fully accepted and be able to play out on a laptop or MP3 mixer, a lot of DNB heads are vinyl purists and are still slightly skeptical of CDJs.

turntables are still the better option IMO..
there is just something about playing a record which is a lot better than playing an mp3. www.decks.co.uk do some good packages

All of those look sweet, main problem I have with vinyl is just the fact that I need to buy shit loads of vinyls, which will probably be quite expensive.

CD is probs the better option, what are the best cdjs to start on?

Cheers for the feedback

I'm sorry but ignore these cats saying that you won't be accepted as true dnb dj if you use Cds, its just bullshit and a fucking dated opinion!

Cds are the way forward and the pros compared to vinyl is staggering.. Let me explain;

1) Cds are cheaper
2) Tracks can be obtained the same day
3) Cd decks is digital therefore keeping the beat locked is much easier
4) All clubs will have have them
5) You can loop, edit loops and build up massive drops.
6) Extremely quick cueing time (if you get good ones)
7) If a cd scratches, burn another one.
8) At 320kbps on a loud system will easily match vinyl sound.
9) ..... and more i can't think of right now.

Its a no brainer to me in this day and age especially with all the economic downturn, vinyl is just to expensive, cumbersome, takes up a shit load of space, easily damaged...

I'm sorry for the rant but im sick of people cussing cdjs, all the big names use them so what the fuck is problem!

I'm sorry but ignore these cats saying that you won't be accepted as true dnb dj if you use Cds, its just bullshit and a fucking dated opinion!

Cds are the way forward and the pros compared to vinyl is staggering.. Let me explain;

1) Cds are cheaper
2) Tracks can be obtained the same day
4) All clubs will have have them
5) You can loop, edit loops and build up massive drops.
6) Extremely quick cueing time (if you get good ones)
7) If a cd scratches, burn another one.
8) At 320kbps on a loud system will easily match vinyl sound.
9) ..... and more i can't think of right now.

Its a no brainer to me in this day and age especially with all the economic downturn, vinyl is just to expensive, cumbersome, takes up a shit load of space, easily damaged...

I'm sorry for the rant but im sick of people cussing cdjs, all the big names use them so what the fuck is problem!

angry much.... no one has slated CDJ's yet... mp3 mixers on computers is what they were saying!

should have gone to specksavers!

??? You mate need to read posts!

nobody is skeptical about cdjs anymore, or serato/laptop based djing programes.
mp3 mixing consol allin one things tho - fuck that shit.

just understand you'll never really get anywhere djing wise using a laptop/mp3 consol. (bar serato vinyl emulation software)

cds/vinyl you'll at least be able to get out and about laying some gigs n ting.

I'll try and explain what I meant

It was just a passing comment, you only have to see all the posts on here about vinyl to see how passionate a lot of djs are about the format, and I was saying it was these purists who prefer vinyls to cds

I personally prefer vinyl, but don't have a problem with cds and have a cdj myself, cds are cheaper and more versatile, the thing most people have a real problem with is using a memory stick of limewire mp3s to play on a pirated version of virtual dj

I've no problems with using cdj-s, I only have problems with people who use them with mp3's they just downloaded via limewire, soulseek, something else (which is about 70 % of cdj users). That just freaks me out. It's all about respect imo...

I've no problems with using cdj-s, I only have problems with people who use them with mp3's they just downloaded via limewire, soulseek, something else (which is about 70 % of cdj users). That just freaks me out. It's all about respect imo...

Haha i'd like to know how you came up with that figure lol! Granted I have ripped cds off friends but who hasnt, and the rest of my collection i all bought if dnba, easily £150s worth now...

Anyway I'm sorry, i think ive taken this thread of topic slightly..

To answer chunkys post; say you got that numark thingy, you use it for a while and get sick of it and want the real thing, so then have to mess about with selling it, lose money, then get some proper cdjs. i think you should just cut out that stage and invest now (y) Unless you can't afford cdjs atm...

Haha i'd like to know how you came up with that figure lol! Granted I have ripped cds off friends but who hasnt, and the rest of my collection i all bought if dnba, easily £150s worth now...

Anyway I'm sorry, i think ive taken this thread of topic slightly..

To answer chunkys post; say you got that numark thingy, you use it for a while and get sick of it and want the real thing, so then have to mess about with selling it, lose money, then get some proper cdjs. i think you should just cut out that stage and invest now (y) Unless you can't afford cdjs atm...

Yeah have been thinking that. Can afford cdjs, probably not pioneer etc though. Which ones would anyone recommend?

Yeah have been thinking that. Can afford cdjs, probably not pioneer etc though. Which ones would anyone recommend?

The Numark Axis range are the best value, depending on your budget go for the 4s or the 9s, I got a axis 9 off ebay for £100 and has touch platter, fx +-100% etc, everything you could need

How would you explain that dude? Digital just determines the file format and hardware circuitry, nothing to do with the ability to lock the song easier.

It just depends on the quality of the cdj, i've used and own the pioneer cdj 100 and denon 1000 and found the majority of songs drift like a bitch and have to constantly pitch bend, but thats just cause they have 0.1+- pitch, cdjs with 0.05+- or even better 0.02+- stick like glue.

Back
Top Bottom