Starting out

Xaero

Could any of you help a rookie out?
I'm thinking of buying decks and a mixer and wanted to know what ones I should get.

Anyone got any advice on what are good for me starting on?
Also, whats the difference between direct and belt drive and which is the best to start with?

Cheers in advance.

the first set of decks i got were some belt driven if you can mix on these you can pretty much mix on anything, but if your serious about this shit buy direct driven tables technics hands down the best. mixer vestex or pioneer

Xaero said:
I'm thinking of buying decks and a mixer and wanted to know what ones I should get.

Also, whats the difference between direct and belt drive and which is the best to start with?

Cheers in advance.

Technics are the industry standard, ull find em in most clubs!
Belt drive decks are pretty unreliable, they tend to drift and dont keep the same speed.
Direct drive uses magnets and are solid!
If you can afford em buy direct drive, cant go wrong with technics!

:rave:

Yes yes, go with Technic's and Vestax products. I'm using Stanton decks and mixer, they are pretty sturdy and cost less if you want to save money. :zest:

thanks for the replys guys.
could you tell me of any sites where I can have a look at the stuff mentioned?

Is it worth investing in some second-hand technics on ebay?

Last edited:
Xaero said:
thanks for the replys guys.
could you tell me of any sites where I can have a look at the stuff mentioned?

Is it worth investing in some second-hand technics on ebay?

with technics u cud probably do handstands on them while u mix and hav all ur mates dancin on the platters without gettin a scratch on them. theyre mighty little machines so chances are a second hand pair will be much cheaper and still in pretty good condition. if u trust buyin stuff on ebay and u can get a nice little bargain on some second hand ones id go for it :)

Xaero said:

Cheers in advance.
definatly go 4 directs. if u havent got much cash i wud go 4 sum omnitronic directs. better than most. last 4 ever. and i'd go 4 sumthing like a citronic pro 8 or pro 9 mixer.
:D

get technics, but even they will cop the wear after a few years so be aware of irregularities in teh fine tuning of a second hand pair.
mixer is up to you, but technics are standard

yeah get technics . ebay should be good place to get em.good price £400-£500 . .
mixer depends on how much youve got to spend and how you wanna mix . allen and heath xzone 62/92 or pioneer djm600 are the best ones but also cost loads.behringer 700's a good cheepo with 4 channels, but the efects are shite. not sure about scratch mixers though the new pioneer one(909) looks nice + has effects.

allen and heath

pioneer mixers

behringer

iamahistorian said:
yeah get technics . ebay should be good place to get em.good price £400-£500 . .
mixer depends on how much youve got to spend and how you wanna mix . allen and heath xzone 62/92 or pioneer djm600 are the best ones but also cost loads.behringer 700's a good cheepo with 4 channels, but the efects are shite. not sure about scratch mixers though the new pioneer one(909) looks nice + has effects.

allen and heath

pioneer mixers

behringer

OOO Ill have to look at that pioneer 909 model!

illv//

richard said:
also where is the best place to get vinyl as a rookie, so basically cheep but bulk but good hehe if thats possible ;)

http://www.imorecords.com
http://www.Redeyerecords.co.uk they're the cheapest and quickest at delivering. Spend some time looking on ebay tho, you'll find some bargains on there, all the older stuff which the shops are out of. Most people keep their vinyl in good nick so don't worry too much about 2nd hand.

Back
Top Bottom