starting it all over again !

D

darkstepz

hi

recently bought a whole new set up and was wondering if anyone has any good links for dnb drum breaks and other bits and bobs .. lost everything in my old computer which died .

have had about a year break from doing tunes and wanted to get back on it with new samples ...

have found some online and on torrents but all the same boring stuff.. looking for great amens and neuro style breaks that kind of stuff!

also any mac friendly plug ins vsts which are compatible with logic x as I'm getting bored of massive now and thats the only thing i managed to recover as i had registered my old one !!..

staring all over - any good links and stuff to get back up and running again would be much appreciated !!

pow!

yeah i worked it out now thank you , was hoping nobody would point it out !!
i just forgot !!..

- - - Updated - - -

welcome, i think we have some mac heads in production forum, pretty sure i saw someone using logic in there. or was that abletons. hard to tell, i write my songs in ascii

ah cool,, il have to keep up to date with the forum and try and get hold of the mac users !! safe logikz

oh and for good samples, check doa for bluewater breaks threads, they are without a doubt the best samples on the internet. they also have this pack with 24 bit samples of a real 808 kick on different settings. for neuro sounds i think bops technique of making glitches is a good bet, he explains it beautifully in a little youtube clip about his new samplepack. im sure his samplepack is great and of course you can use any pack for any genre (rock sample pack to make house, dnb pack to make shoegaze, in fact, i think its better that way), but i prefer to originate my sounds as much as i can, if possible make stuff from scratch, or at least sample it myself, or process the shit out of stuff until it sounds different, so i wouldnt buy a pro dnb producer samplepack and make dnb with it, even if bop is 100% amazing. but he is very transparent and explains his technique really well, and if you understand how you can apply it, it can really help you create some awesome sounds.

its like, what if you write tunes for a while, using pro dnb samplepacks, but then you find yourself in a situation when you dont have access to those samples, but you have to make do with normal samples, then you will notice that you dont actually know how to make music that sounds good, it was all in the loops from danny byrd or ray keith or similar. its a fucked up realization to have, one that you run into all the time, if youre not careful.

contrary to what i sound like in this post, (i may even have written it somewhere above), im not against them, i think its all about how you use something, not so much what, and a nice balanced approach is the way that works for me with this sort of thing. even if i hate resorting to pro samples, i do use them, at times, to beef stuff up, or to find a sound to inspire me. which i then will recreate and replace, later on.

but im rambling. you got any stuff online?

i say musicality and creativity over engineering and technical skill any day, but sometimes its hard to write something nice if you dont have a sample that sounds a certain way.

yeah i have one thing on iTunes i produced with my pal a couple years ago lol .. was released on subliminal cuts recordings.. and i have a good back log of stuff i produced with my pal "eric electric" look him up he has the sound cloud and a few of our bits are on there.. as for my separate bits, all gone in 2 f'd up computers which died .. so, such as life..
my pal and i rarely hook up nowadays , but will do to finish bits off eventually .. whats blue water breaks?

nice, cheers man! blue water is a user that gives out highest quality samples of the most obscure breakbeats, straight off the 45s, it really is remarkable. i guess you know where to look for the classics. as for strings, i like to make them from either chopped and looped chords that i wrote from some shitty old 8 bit tracker pack or possibly a free melotron vsti. theyre nice man, they sound so crap its hard not to make something nice out of it

so how do i go about getting hold of these breaks??
i used to just get them passed on to me previously from friends but haven't had the time recently to hook up with anyone!!..
too busy working and training these days !!
i appreciate the time your taking out to reply, i didn't think people would be so friendly on here!!.. where are you from by the way logikz?

make an account on dogsonacid.com and search production section for breaks2dl or bluewater and you should find his threads, they truly are something. the classics are also available on... if you search dogsonacid.com for breaks2dl you will find doubleclicks (or something like that, the username has "click" in it) packs with heaps of HQ classics. or you sample them yourself from nicky blackmarket or whatever, you know who to sample from, i take it.

im from sweden, but i live in amsterdam and me and my mates run the label eastern promise audio, we focus on dark atmospheric dnb from the metalheadz II era (if i have anything to say about it) type darkstep (source direct, photek, hidden agenda, etc is, imo, the highest ideal in dnb) there is a link in my sig, and you can listen to our stuff there, we release under the moniker "dam nation", as in amsterdam nation but also damnaiton! see what we did there haaaaaaa... erm, right ok sorry.

you from london then darkstepz? link us some of your stuff!

bro i don't know how to link sounds onto here ... but if you go to iTunes and type in 'my sound by eric electric and nicky darkstep it will come up !!

i don't have access to the epics soundcloud where we have other things up on there . eric electric has recently been doing loads of stuff with dj future..

when i said i was starting over , i meant completely lol iv lost everything!!..

so that means probably under a new name aswell..

and thats why I'm on here really because i want to network and work with other people as i don't get to see my usual producing friends much as everyones on different things now ..
will see what happens .. once i back my old iPhone onto my new macbook I'm sure i have a few tracks on there and as soon as i work out how to upload them on here i will defy do that !!

used visit amsterdam quite allot back in the day !! .. cool place

Back
Top Bottom