Starting DJ Career

cityslam

Hi, I've been a drum and bass DJ for a few years now. So far I've only mixed at home but am now looking to start playing at clubs. I am confident in my ability and feel I'm better than other ameteur DJs that I have heard playing at clubs.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to get DJ sets at clubs. What people / companies should I contact or send samples to?

I am based in the Bristol area

Thankyou

ive been in the same boat man, have recently been getting more and more gigs, im a promoter aswell and have 2 different nights running in bristol so by putting yourself on the bill that gives you playing time and practice in front of crowd, its all about getting as tight as you can with promoters, dj's and mc's aswell, this gives you big help, has helped me out hugely.
In all fairness unless you produce nowadays it's near impossilbe to 'make it' in dnb.

ive been in the same boat man, have recently been getting more and more gigs, im a promoter aswell and have 2 different nights running in bristol so by putting yourself on the bill that gives you playing time and practice in front of crowd, its all about getting as tight as you can with promoters, dj's and mc's aswell, this gives you big help, has helped me out hugely.
In all fairness unless you produce nowadays it's near impossilbe to 'make it' in dnb.

Just out of curiosity what nights do you run?

that's not entirley true, although they aint headlining events (yet ;)) both Noize & AMC have got recognition for skills on the 1's and 2's alone

Back
Top Bottom