starter decks

NastyLimbCheat

VIP Junglist
can anyone recommend some good decks or a package for beginners? also what websites would you recommend and should i opt for new or second hand on ebay?

i can probably afford around £400 quid

cheers

I used to use Numark tt1650's and they were great to learn on, but for £400 you could probably get tt200's. I always get my stuff from decks.co.uk as well there excelent!

I'd save up for just a bit longer and get Technics. You can get the whole kaboodle (decks, cheap mixer, phones etc) from HTFR or somewhere. No messin. Probably need a better mixer in time or if you need a PA set up.

RiCh!

those numark tt200's sound good, no way am i forking out 800quid on technics tho lol, im only a beginner......

also should i bother getting a decent mixer? im debating whether to get a three channel mixer cos i might in the future get a cdj cos i got tons of mp3s and shit

can anyone recommend some good decks or a package for beginners? also what websites would you recommend and should i opt for new or second hand on ebay?

i can probably afford around £400 quid

cheers

Look on ebay for some 2nd hand technics 1200's or 1210's. You are better off learning on them dude. Look around and you'll get a pair for around 400. They may be a couple of years old but they are robust and if they have been looked after you're ok

I started on a set of gemini pt1000's i got off ebay a couple of months ago for 180 quid inc mixer and headphones to see if i would take to the whole dj'ing thing or not. Pretty much straight away i did and just today my new decks have arrived.... 2x technics 1200's which i also got off ebay for £280 quid. As far as i can tell there in fantastic condition only missing lids which would go in a dark corner anyways. My point is that i would save your money and get something off ebay untill you find out if your gonna take to it and if yo are you can opt for getting something a lot better off ebay or saving and buying something brand new.

;)

Look on ebay for some 2nd hand technics 1200's or 1210's. You are better off learning on them dude. Look around and you'll get a pair for around 400. They may be a couple of years old but they are robust and if they have been looked after you're ok

blatantly.
2nd hand technics off ebay for sure.
you'll probably pick some for around that price.
you'll never need another pair of decks again unless you manage to break them somehow, or want to upgrade to a newer model in the future.

some technics would be smooth to work with, but i got some statnton str-80

they are also good to use.

Buy some Technics 1210s secondhand but check them first with somebody who knows how to use a deck. Get a so-so two channel mixer to go with them. Give the mixer a good clean (Google) before you start using it. Should be easily under 400 quid. You'll be able to sell the Technics for the same amount you bought them for if you didn't get mugged.

Yeah, I agree with what mosta you are sayin man, if your lookin to spend 400 quid, u could get a set of Technics second hand, for that, £450's pretty standard for a 2nd hand pair yano mate. I'd probs look around for a while and a bad deal will come around. I'd recommend you to get Technics aswell, if you can, 'cos you'll never have to replace them or upgrade them, apart from maybe havin to replace random bits 'cos of wear n tear..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom