Start of a new tune

Jungles

I just started working on a new tune so i was wandering what you think of it. It's 112 kbps, 1.00 mb and around 1:00 mins long.

Attachments

• Give me a break!.mp3
    1,005 KB · Views: 46
:cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: The cowbell is a bit monotonous, sounds more like a metronome tbh.
The chopped up beats are hard to follow, maybe you're deviating a little bit too far from the 2-step pattern - or not returning to it at the right moments. You need to give the listener subtle cues so they can keep time nicely.

On the plus side, i like the 'feel' of the track (y)

Thanks for pointers, man. That was just what i needed to continue working on this tune. But i got to tell you, i love that kind of complex and unexpected beats. Any others?

Last edited:
Jungles said:
But i got to tell you, i love that kind of complex and unexpected beats. Any others?

Yeah i see your point (y), perhaps you need to add in some extra things to mark the start \ end of the bars\regions. A cymbol crash is a good example... the broken beats will probably make more 'sense' if the bars are clearly defined with other things...

hmmm not much to listen to but the break is workin for me... not really the pattern but sound is ok imo... abit more layerin btw... I think U should work on that non 2step beat... like drumfunk... not so techstep like...

peace. respect.

Back
Top Bottom