STANTON STR8-100

christoph

IM THINKING ABOUT GETTING A PAIR OF THESE FOR £230 USED, IM CURRENTLY USING THE T62'S WILL I SEE MUCH DIFFERENCE? ISIT WORTH GETTING THESE? IVE READ THE TORQUE IS AMAZING...

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT CHEERS:2thumbs:

Last edited:
YES, YES AND YES!

Never going to match 1210s but the torque is pretty tasty. Really sturdy and built to last... I got my pair for £150 but I think that was a bit of a steal. Always been proud to own a pair and never really thought about switching.

I had a pair of 150's (i believe these are very similar to the 100's) which i loved and technically could not say anything bad about! ... I would say tho, before you buy, its worth thinkin about weva or not ur planning on playing out at all? ... if u are i'd say ur best off stretchin and tryin to get some 2nd hand 1210's ... the tourque on the stantons is amazin but wen u then switch and have a random sesh on some technics i found i was sometimes a bit heavy handed ... there is more of a touch required to use technics i think ... saying that though as alot of my mates had technics i was soon perfectly compfortable using both and could switch quite easily ...
Dunno if u r considerin the technics but to give u an idea i recently got an absolutely mint pair with basically new needles (ortofon pro s') for 360 ... granted I did have to be quite patient for that deal to come around but i think it was well worth the wait :)

change of plan i bought technics 1200mk2 brand new from ebay for £380 well chuffed picked them up yesterday the difference in them and my old stanton's is crazy sooo much more torque :)

change of plan i bought technics 1200mk2 brand new from ebay for £380 well chuffed picked them up yesterday the difference in them and my old stanton's is crazy sooo much more torque :)

good choice :) you probably would of looked at buying a pair after a year or so of the stantons anyway.

cant see them being spankers for 380 tho, but theyre pretty sturdy anyway

good choice :) you probably would of looked at buying a pair after a year or so of the stantons anyway.

cant see them being spankers for 380 tho, but theyre pretty sturdy anyway

honestly mate they virtually brand new i got some pics if you wonna have a look, the guy i got them from was saying hes only used them for like 12 months then they been boxed away :) cracking deal i thinks

here they are in all there beauty:D

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 55
  • `.jpg
    `.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    549.8 KB · Views: 67
Back