Stanton SR8-150 decks

D

DJOctane

I cant get a straight answer out of anyone! Has anyone used these decks before? If so what was your opinion on them? I'm tempted to get a pair but some people have told me there full on crap, the rest have said there the best available so now i wish i didnt ask lol! plz help me!

Technics 1210 MK5G's FTW.

Any over deck is like a meer germ upon this decks existance.

Watch this turn into a thread about vestax verses technics :teeth:

My missus has a pair, and I have Citronic PD45s which are the exact same deck with a different badge. I'd take whatever you can get cheapest, they are all good decks. Having them instaed of techs won't hold you back, I can mix just as well on mine as i can on Doris's, or on techs when i play out

Last edited:
I cant get a straight answer out of anyone! Has anyone used these decks before? If so what was your opinion on them? I'm tempted to get a pair but some people have told me there full on crap, the rest have said there the best available so now i wish i didnt ask lol! plz help me!

Dont buy cheap shit, if you think you can get away with buying cheap gear, you should just quit buying music & find another hobby.

^^^ They're not "cheap shit". They're just as good. At Breakin Science once there were 3 decks set up; 2 Techs and a Stanton. Andy C re-arranged the decks so that he could use the Stanton in favor of a Tech

^^^ They're not "cheap shit". They're just as good. At Breakin Science once there were 3 decks set up; 2 Techs and a Stanton. Andy C re-arranged the decks so that he could use the Stanton in favor of a Tech

I suspect there might of been a possible deeper reason for that. Dodgy needle, old battered technic etc etc. Perhaps he was dropping some of his older tunes which he has been doing recently and hence required the larger pitch available on the stanton.

I couldn't see a dj swapping round brand new 1210 mk5g for a stanton. I find the straight tone arms used on these decks very jarring also.

Not that it really matters what deck are used, just that with a technics you can lock the tunes down, then dance around the booth waving your hands in the air, nip outside for a fag, go to the toilet, touch up sum bird and then come back to find them still locked as tight as when u left them. :spliff:

damn right coshh ya hit the spot there bruv. technics all the way. ive used all different sorts of decks over the past decade or so and nothin comes close to technics cos they hold speed so well and are built to last. why do ya think 1210s and 1200s are still goin strong after all these years. safe raar

Not that it really matters what deck are used, just that with a technics you can lock the tunes down, then dance around the booth waving your hands in the air, nip outside for a fag, go to the toilet, touch up sum bird and then come back to find them still locked as tight as when u left them. :spliff:
Ok, fair play on the dodgy needle, extra pitch, etc.

But I have no problems locking down a mix on Stantons (or the citronics I have at home) ;)

mates got a pair, used them a lot at parties and raves and never had a problem. dont get me wrong 1210's are technically sound and may be able to hold time slightly better over 10 minutes but who blends for ten minutes?? i have found that they are better for a dj who mixes quicker eg drum n bass, hardcore etc - you can get the tunes in time quicker and so on. snap em up dude im sure you wont be disapointed

used the stanton 100's, and was very pissed of to be touching them.

the pitch felt like jello, no torque (comparable to mk2's at the time), and the tonearm was hard to balance b/c the slightest turn changed the balance point so much. also, there is never a need for anything more than +/-16% on the pitch b/c +16% @33RPM is -15% @ 45RPM, and 78RPM is too dated to be still used.

and the key correction is a joke:google:

i got a pair an they are sick, some of the older technics dont hold pithch that well sometimes, an the stantons got a stronger motor. both sick tho.

ive owned both techs and str8-150's
the 150's are better and stronger. the only thing that makes a tech better is that you get a lifetime warrenty.
honestly, str8-150's all the way

Back
Top Bottom