Standard Rinse Synth

Discussion in 'Production' started by Random Filth, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Random Filth

Random Filth New Member

Hello people!

I was just browsing through my "likes" on Soundcloud and i found something really interesting.
    I was listening to Konichi's Standard Rinse trying to figure out how i could get that enormous deep Synth done! Like, whats the basic of this sound - how could i get near it?

Click Here

You can hear the sound at 0:44 right at the first Kick of the drop.

I would be really happy if someone could explain how i can get stuff like that done:)

Cheers- Herbal Techniques DnB

EDIT: I already looked on youtube to find a tutorial but nothing really came any near to the sound in the track mentioned above.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

All i know is he uses massive and must be doing some very unique things to get the sounds he does. Experiment all day bra

3. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

the bass bit or the growlly bit?

the bass just sounds like a fat bass sound low passed, with an envelope or lfo giving it a bit of movement, not much though.
    the growlly sound sounds very like a dog barking to me. is it a synth or an instrument he has made in a sampler???

4. dbjungle

dbjungle DJ Syklone

That growl sound does a lot like a dog now that you mention it. I really like this tune, especially the high pitch synth sound towards the end of the 2nd and 4th bars. A lot of producers are doing this mid/high growl type sound right now at the moment. I'm having some problems making that type of sound. I can't imagine they're all using samples of dogs. I'm sure they're doing it on synths somehow too.

5. Dansci

Dansci New Member

Sounds like some sort of percussive tap delayed by a couple 100ms. Plus some modulation like vocodex or wild eqing.