stand alone mastering software

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
is there software to master your tracks with that is a stand alone programme by this i mean they are not add ons for cubase, logic ect....so i could run it regardless of what i use to produce with...in a sense i could just load my finished tracks into it and master away.

and what one would you recommend?

Try Tracks3, I haven't used it but I hear it's ok and stand alone.

Izotope Ozone is good but it's a plug in, it can be used with all the top DAW's though.

Presonus Studio One comes with a sort of built in program where you can master your track, it's pretty nice, probably not worth buying Studio One for (maybe check out the demo). I've only used it a couple of times as I usually master my tracks in the DAW.

You almost certainly dont want to use just one mastering setup, some have better results for diffrent sounds than others, Abletons Tools are awsome imo, isotope aswell, great for dnb/bass music, then theres WAVES, TC, SSL, all are amazing and the best you can get before moving onto hardware solutions, either way, you want a couple of Compressors, a couple of Limiters, a few diffrent EQ's, just to start with, the more you learn about mastering, the more you will be able to streamline/increase your setup

I've got mixed feelings about mastering your own music. It's always good to have a new pair of ears with a subjective perspective put the polish on you work. I understand for financial reason many people do it anyway, but, if you can afford to pay an ME to do it I would definitely recommend that rather than a DIY job.

I've got mixed feelings about mastering your own music. It's always good to have a new pair of ears with a subjective perspective put the polish on you work. I understand for financial reason many people do it anyway, but, if you can afford to pay an ME to do it I would definitely recommend that rather than a DIY job.

Agreed. Most mastering houses aren't too bad in terms of cost actually, typically between 50 - 75 (USD). Even Stardelta Mastering (Erb n Dub, Netsky, etc.) is quite affordable.

The rule of thumb is usually the more tracks you have mastered at once, the better the pricing.

Cheers.

Thanks for the advice guys....my last teak was mastered in isotope by my mate..... But I want to learn a little about mastering myself.

Back
Top Bottom