stage fright

omowglio

how do you get your head around stage fright and to have no fear. i seem to muck up as soon as im in front of people but when im on my own its easy as pie. any techniques or just experience

!!!!!!vinyl all the way!!!!!! (alright and maybe 1 cd deck)

dj- MoWgLi-K in swindon

how do you get your head around stage fright and to have no fear. i seem to muck up as soon as im in front of people but when im on my own its easy as pie. any techniques or just experience

dj- MoWgLi-K in swindon

just chill man... if you feel like your getting abit flustered just stand back and relax mate..... that feeling goes after you've played to a live crowd a few times.... well... you still get it from time to time, but you have just got to think..... im here because people want to hear me play, so im gonna fuk this place UP MOFO!!

feed off the pressure. knowing that if you fuck up infront of all those people, you'll look like a bit of a dick.

but if you pull of a sick mix, they'll be putty in your hands for you to do as you wish with them :cowbell:

2 pints and a spliff mate :teeth:

like rocksteady said, people are there to see you play so just take a deep breath and boss it... It all fades away after the first couple of mixes, then your dancing around and grinning like a mufty.

I used to suffer from this really badly when I went to play my guitar (solo) at the school concerts.
I find DJing in front of people way easier simply because when you fuck up playing solo classical guitar it sounds shit and everyone is watching you. It is sooooo much easier to fudge a dodgy mix and move on when djing. Thsi has made me fairly confident with it.
Try and see it like that mate.

2 pints and a spliff mate :teeth:

Spot on.
Just take your time man. If you panic about things will get worse cos you are panicing. weed helps me chill but every man has his means.
I dont listen to drum and bass if im doin a set that night, i usually to ska tbh. someone told me to try it and it did the trick.

Spot on.
Just take your time man. If you panic about things will get worse cos you are panicing. weed helps me chill but every man has his means.
I dont listen to drum and bass if im doin a set that night, i usually to ska tbh. someone told me to try it and it did the trick.

thats a bit hard if your playing a 2am set and you get there early to mingle for a while... haha..

as a MC i used to be petrefied about getting up on stage.

as for now, il mc anywhere at anytime, i really dont care.

i jumped on the mic to a hardcore set bout 2 years ago on my local park on a family day. MC ELL was there with his kids to witness :D

its easy mate. just dont think about who's there, do what your there to do!

itl all come in time!

jus have a laugh!

the more fun i'm having the better m mixing is, and vice versa...

dj- MoWgLi-K in swindon

Exactly the same as me, couldn't get any more the same tbh lol.

you should try to play out at some of your bruv's gigs , invite some people over and just relax, remember every1 that listens to you mix doesn't really know what is going on/ the process of mixing , if you feel that you're going to fuck up just spin it back and start again, people will love it

my mate got this bad on his first big club set, so he had a couple of beers, which was kool then lit a doobie......messed him up he got para. He did put on a blinder after the first two mixes or so.

Yeah I still get the heebie jeebies.......1 beer maybe 2 should sort it out.

dj- MoWgLi-K in swindon

I'm the complete opposite, I'm much better I'm playing in front of people. When I'm on my own I get bored or slack in the mix. Dunno why, just seems easier when you've got people to perform to.

I don't get stage fright and never have. I reckon I got ataraxia or something.

The first time I ever played out I was shitting a brick...

but as other people have said once the first couple of mixes are done your confidence will go up... and when you see people raving and having a good time to YOUR music/mixing its such a buzz that you will love it!

hahaha, when i was at school i did drama right the way up to a level, i was also in a band for 2 years so ive done my fair share of performing before becoming a dj. When i was about 13 opr so i cudnt care less and never got stage fright. then at about 15/16 i used to get it really bad,
and stress so much about fucking up lines, or playing.

now i dj fairly regularly in front of crowds i dont get nervous about fucking up. theres defo pressure to be good but its all about confidence and that defo comes with live practice. just become used to mixing in front of people and stuff and u will be fine after a while. but after acting and playing bass and singing for years djing to people is minor. but heres my tips on helping when it does hit...

basically i learnt to deal with it, and calm myself down. make sure u've practiced as much as u can so ur confident that u can perform well regardless of audience. then when u are performing keep telling urself that "u can do this, uve done it a million times before". the worst thing u can do is think about what's coming and worry what to do next. let it come, and if uve practiced enuff it shud be like muscle memory and u will do it naturally. if ur having an all out panic attack before hitting the stage it REALLY does help to breathe properly and slowly. deep breaths thru the nose and out the mouth and u will slow down ur heart rate.

as riisu says "fail to prepare, prepare to fail"
or as my music techer would always say the 7 p's "poor planing n preperation produces piss poor performance"

Back
Top Bottom