stage fright

I don't get stage fright djing or speaking in public (I lecture once a month), never had, apart from my first djing gig - which was cool.

Even though I am a fucking weak dj.

Well maybe I exaggerate a bit.

I do get a little nervous but a couple of whiskeys sorts that out.

And when the crowd gets lively, it all goes away.

you should try to play out at some of your bruv's gigs , invite some people over and just relax, remember every1 that listens to you mix doesn't really know what is going on/ the process of mixing , if you feel that you're going to fuck up just spin it back and start again, people will love it

DO NOT i repeat DO NOT just do rewinds. people dont like that actually.

rocksteady put it well. just realize that the crowd is there to see you do your thang! the main thing i do is just put aside all the feelings and listen to the music. you gotta feel that beat if your going to get anything done so just try and focus on how sick that tune you just dropped is!

well you don't go around spinning back every tune , I know that mate, but you can even just do a quick cut from there you can beatmatch the tunes again and go back and forth incorporating different elements of each tune while slowly lower the volume of the tune you're mixing out of , when u finally come to that build up let the tune gain energy from the build up and drop the tune you're mixing with more lows , oldiest trick in the book = D

Just do a simple switch for your first mix, maybe even in the breakdowns of 2 tunes. Don't try and double drop Kane & Able or something ridiculous on your first mix and itll be smooth.

just drink.

it works and its fun.

nah nah nah!! i warn all the new DJs in here.... DO NOT!! I REPEAT DO NOT!! Get even remotly drunk before your set... you WILL regret it! I never drink before my set... maybe 1 pint??
End of the day people.... you are being paid to do a job.... BE PROFESIONAL!! Would you go to work drunk?? NO!

If im paying a DJ to play i expect him to be profesional. If you get pissed up and cant play... i will fine you... if you fuk up hardcore i will never book you again... SIMPLE!

Anyway... moral of the story is... just dont get hammered before your set... which is very easy to do... especially if your nervous... you will get drunk easier anyway... just be carefull...

nah nah nah!! i warn all the new DJs in here.... DO NOT!! I REPEAT DO NOT!! Get even remotly drunk before your set... you WILL regret it! I never drink before my set... maybe 1 pint??
End of the day people.... you are being paid to do a job.... BE PROFESIONAL!! Would you go to work drunk?? NO!

If im paying a DJ to play i expect him to be profesional. If you get pissed up and cant play... i will fine you... if you fuk up hardcore i will never book you again... SIMPLE!

Anyway... moral of the story is... just dont get hammered before your set... which is very easy to do... especially if your nervous... you will get drunk easier anyway... just be carefull...

Right a not talkin about neckin ten pints to build ya confidence but maybe a large drambuie jus to burn ya insides out a bit gets you chilled. i wunt advise smokin a couple of bifters b4 niether

Right a not talkin about neckin ten pints to build ya confidence but maybe a large drambuie jus to burn ya insides out a bit gets you chilled. i wunt advise smokin a couple of bifters b4 niether

hahaha!!

im pretty prone to some dooobies before a set... but im pretty used to mixing stoned... so all good really... allthought i wouldnt over do it... mixing sober for anyone new to playin live is the best option.....

take some sleeping tablets before you go on

u may fall asleep after the first 15 minutes, but atleast u wont be nervous!

nahh jokes, breathing helps, n just think fuck it, i fuck up shit loads where i play, but i speak to people after, n i say did u hear how shit that mix was on bla bla n theyre like no??? sounded cooshty to me mate!

n if you do fuck up n they notice then hey, its more experience!

also if ur into medicine, there a herbal thing called Kalms, you cna get them from Boots, theyre a tablet, all natural though, they calm your nerves before test etc so id imagion theyd help, never tried them though, coz they could be aload of bollox lol

Back
Top Bottom