St. Georges day eh?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by rysk, Apr 23, 2013.

1. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

2. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Simmer down Ahmed!

3. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

is there anything you give a fuck about tho?
    probably not.
    but here is why you should give a rodent's rectum.

George was a saint. an all round good guy. he killed the last of the dragons dont you know!
    do you see any dragons about the local area? no, i didn't think so. and who's to blame? george, that's who!
    thanks george, i can go to the shop and pick up some daz without having my ass heavily singed.

the reason we dont get a public holiday out of it is because nobody in this country cares.
    well i care george. if you were still here i would take you for a nice lunch and a day out at lego land windsor.

[Politrix] likes this.
  4. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

Proper edgy mate!!

5. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

2edgy4u

i just never got patriotism, "i popped out of my mothers vagoo on this particular bit of land....TASTE MY PRIDE"

D-Jhepz and DeeGun like this.
  6. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

since nobody can choose their country of birth... is it idiotic to be patriotic?

7. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

It´s surely idiotic to be proud of something you didn´t create at all. Plus, to be proud of something that´s exactly the same in 90 other countries.

8. Shatner's Bosom

Nothing wrong with being proud of where you're from

9. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Do elaborate plz.

10. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

nothing right either... exactly what has been mentioned... instead of being proud of the land your mother happened to be on why not be proud of the way you were brought up or your achievements...

11. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

St George is also apparently the patron saint of Greece, Russia, Palestine and Ethiopia, probably more places as well.

12. Shatner's Bosom

Nationality and identity go hand in hand (to an extent, obviously), I get that people have an issue with being defined by being born within a man-made border but being from certain areas does define you to an extent and there's nothing wrong with being proud of that. Probably doesn't make sense. People that are so anti-patriotic stink of desperation and just want to be a cool anarchist coz that's rad and stuff imo

edit - im not for or against St Georges day, don't even know/care what that's all about, just people being anti-patriotic coz it seems to be the in thing right now, is a bit sad

13. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

actually identity is very closed psychological process and people used these "in-out groups" to retain somewhat of a consensus identity... such other examples can be found with football fans and what not how they hate upon a common enemy and can be bets mates during a game even though they probably would hate each other in real life..

also coming from somewhere shouldn't give you pride is what you did there and how it affected you, as your surroundings no matter where would, as they should

14. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

No too long ago I would have said the same but I have changed thru the years and it absolutely makes no sense for me now. It defines you, yes, but how can you be proud of where you´re from, I´m just not getting it.

You see, you´re not really explaining why you´re proud, you just say there is nothing wrong with it. Pride is the wrong word imo. I´m not proud of being italian but I don´t hate it either, hell no. I love the country and I´m happy if we (yes, I feel bonded) win something in sports..but proud..naw..no more. I left nationalism and all that shit behind. It´s wrong to put your nation on the top, looking down on others..and fackin medieval.

15. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

i bet he had a tiny penis, he must of done to make up a story about killing a dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

he was probably some tit you find at your local pub coming out with bullshit stories.
    talking about how big the dragon was were in reality it was a badger a very small badger

DeeGun likes this.
  16. Shatner's Bosom

I don't recall saying I was proud. You're being dramatic and jumping to the other end of the spectrum mate, i'm not saying be nationalistic or to look down on others :lol:

Is Googles definition of pride so I guess technically I'm in the wrong as nationality/heritage isn't achieved, not sure what the word is I'm looking for as I would (wrongly) use 'pride', maybe I'm right, I'm associated with my ancestors so maybe pride is the right word but not just of my own personal achievements.

17. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

landlord : here George! oi, George my man!
    George: what?!
    Landlord : tell us about the time you killed the dragon, that should give us a laugh.
    (pub laughs)

18. Shatner's Bosom

They laughed before he even told the story...

19. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Naw, you didn´t but what I mean is that patriotism and nationalism often go hand in hand, from what I experienced.

20. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

you ever see that local that sits in the pub all day every day in the same seat telling the same bullshit stories....thats most likely saint George.