ST.150 or SL1200 mk2

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by SycoFett, Sep 11, 2007.

1. SycoFett

SycoFett Bassix : Perth

ok this is my 1st proper thread on here.
    i know allot of really skilled djs post on here and figured u guys may be able to gimme some advice.

well i have a pair of stanton st.150's and ive noticed that wen i am home my mixing is much better then when im at my mates using his technics sl1200 mk2's. it takes me a fair while to get used to the torque difference (considering the torque on the st.150's is double the 1200's).
    im thinking about selling my 150's and getting some fairly new second hand 1200's. i shits me that i am learning to mix and relying on torque to do it well.

what do u all think?

thanks

2. DJ_Akro

DJ_Akro GO BIG OR GO HOME!

str8-150's are better dont get rid of them!!
    i have owned both, techs are good but the str8-150's provide more to you as a dj.

enough said

3. DJ COSHH

DJ COSHH Active Member

I predict the future..... Technics versus Vestax versus Stantan

I go for technics.

4. AuGsY

AuGsY DJ apprentice

ya better off with the techs

5. DTR

DTR the village idiot

If you've already got Stantons then keep them. A good DJ can go from Stantons to Techs without any problems, just keep practicing :)

6. SycoFett

SycoFett Bassix : Perth

yeh sorry there actually str8-150's haha i donnow y i keep saying st.150's after some thinking im gonna keep em for a lil while..just got back my smac pro 30 from a servicing...
    get a shitload more practise in me and use a different technique i picked up. that seems to be goin allright for me
    thnx for the reply's and all mates
    have a good one

7. Stem-Cell

Stem-Cell Member

Technically stantons are definatly better but they're so unreliable and when they break its really complicated to fix them. I bought my techies second hand and have had them for about 4 years and have never had any problems.

8. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

technics are THE standard, and have been for at least 100 years.... they're in every club i've ever to been around the world, says it all really.

9. DTR

DTR the village idiot

Says who? I've never heard of any major problems with one of these Stanton decks. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Tecnics also have their fair share of problems. Also how do you know they are complicated to repair?

Standard isn't always best. Bear in mind that a lot of club owners bought their Techs before the Stantons were available, so they're not going to replace them just because a new deck came out. Plus they'd probably get complaints from shit DJs who can't adjust from one to the other.

They are both good decks, I say go for whatever is cheapest. You can't go wrong with either.