Squire of Gothos / Off me nut records

pitts

VIP Junglist
Anybody a fan?

liked this for a while but really got into them recently. Love the different influences from fidget, bassline, dubstep, techno and old skool hardcore. All at 140BPM and genre switching within tracks, never seen them but bet they make the place go mental

they also run off me nut records which some of the stuff on there is worth downloading and its a free record label www.offmenutrecords.com

theres a lot of bassline, dubstep and a bit of gabba

Last edited by a moderator:
They are a crazy couple of mo-fo's!! Wicked producers and also great live.
We were lucky enough to have them play in Barcelona a couple of months back, wicked stuff :)

Would defo like to see this live, some of them tunes aren't bad at all.

There wicked. Good music.. I saw them play for my first time at a champion sound and they absolutely rinsed it.

thanks for confirming what i already guessed i now need to make sure i see these guys at some point, cant get enough of their music at the min

Yeah their from sheffield arent they fran? My mates have been to see em a few times but im yet to experience em, crazy fucking tunes though.

went down to sheffield last month to visit m8s at uni last month n foudn out the weekend before i went they had an offmenut records night at the corp, was gutted

cracks me up this thread. they are ok. bit plastic if u ask me...they where hardcore squatter punks less than a year ago....then dubstep got huge..........

ha yeah i see a picture of them, and i was shocked to say the least

haha me 2, they both look like they could do with a good wash

---------- Post added at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

cracks me up this thread. they are ok. bit plastic if u ask me...they where hardcore squatter punks less than a year ago....then dubstep got huge..........

some of their releases date back to 09

haha me 2, they both look like they could do with a good wash

---------- Post added at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

some of their releases date back to 09

maybe just over a year then..

this is one of the punk bands

crusty punks jumping on the dubstep train......

crusty punks jumping on the dubstep train......

haha they don't even really make dubstep man, can't really say their sound is the same as anyone elses either so its not really "jumping on the dubstep train"
and this stuff is always mental live, definitely worth checking out
glad to hear that other people on here love this kind of stuff, this is one of their best....

also kanji kinetic etc etc make similarish stuff (kanji also has a freelabel he just started http://www.mutantbassrecords.com/

haha they don't even really make dubstep man, can't really say their sound is the same as anyone elses either so its not really "jumping on the dubstep train"
and this stuff is always mental live, definitely worth checking out
glad to hear that other people on here love this kind of stuff, this is one of their best....

also kanji kinetic etc etc make similarish stuff (kanji also has a freelabel he just started http://www.mutantbassrecords.com/

ive been into kanji a while aswell, not too keen on the first ep on mutant bass tbh

cant see the youtube vids at work but will av a gander when i get back from work

the highlight track off that ep is definitely night trap, love that, the others are good but not amazing, but yeah kanjis style isnt normally as happy/bouncy compared to squire

spider fran does not know squire, and doesnt have a clue what he is talking about.

they have never made a dubstep tune and were making tunes before people had even heard of skream!

howsabout in the future u shut the fuck up about things u dont know about!

ah so there is a thread about might Squire of Gothos! Highlight of my Glade 11, them and the Offmenut records crew and Kanji Kinetic vs Rrritalin fucking SMASHED IT.

pity this cunt

spider fran does not know squire, and doesnt have a clue what he is talking about.

they have never made a dubstep tune and were making tunes before people had even heard of skream!

howsabout in the future u shut the fuck up about things u dont know about!

had to ruin it.

Anyone know similar labels? Iv got all the Off Me Nut and Mutant Bass releases, got some Coin Operated releases too. Treats Vol 1 from Bass Hounds was released this week, some of its a bit weird but that Have You Fucked up kanji remix is mental. http://www.junodownload.com/products/treats-vol-1/1787252-02/

Anyone know similar labels? Iv got all the Off Me Nut and Mutant Bass releases, got some Coin Operated releases too. Treats Vol 1 from Bass Hounds was released this week, some of its a bit weird but that Have You Fucked up kanji remix is mental. http://www.junodownload.com/products/treats-vol-1/1787252-02/

No where near as mental but AC Slater's label "Party Like Us" has some of this style, also check madmaid, Kanji Kinetic, Submerse and some of Gassyoh's releases on the Japanese netlebel "Maltine Records"

Good to know I'm not the only one on here that's into this scene.
Kanji Kinetic is easily one of my favourite producers at the moment, I'm sure you guys have heard the likes of 'Zombiezz'.. but 'Masamune' is worth checking out too, it's on the Mutant Bass UK E.P on Coin Operated. I've been meaning to buy it on vinyl myself.

Anyone heard the Kanji remix of 16Bit's Chainsaw Calligraphy? Absolutely mental.

Also, this tune by rrritalin is forthcoming on Coin Operated.

Back
Top Bottom