Squatters Bag £30m Park Lane Pads

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...iving_In_Two_?15m_Houses_On_Londons_Park_Lane

Ranging in age from 21 to 45, they have set up home in two seven-storey properties on Park Lane, famous for its super-rich residents, luxury car dealers and hotels.

Most of the squatters are said to be artists who spend their evenings "jamming", singing songs and strumming guitars.

One of the group, Daniel Moreira said: ""It feels pretty good. It's the dream of everyone in London to live for a little bit in Park Lane."

The Portuguese student, who has been living rent-free in the plush residence for three weeks, understands why squatters are often tagged as "scroungers".

"I think it's fair. We are invading a house.

"But if people come and see what we've got to give them - lots of art, lots of good energies - I think they will change their minds."

The luxury homes are thought to be owned by the Duke of Westminister.

The squatters say the properties, which are reportedly numbers 94 and 95 on Park Lane, have been unoccupied for about two years.

They are currently hosting a "night exhibition" at No 95, displaying the paintings, drawings and sculptures they have produced.

Moreira said the two squats, which he claimed housed between 30 and 40 people, were different from others he had lived in previously.

"There are no junkies or crack-heads in there. Just nice people," he said.

The group is not breaking the law as squatting is not illegal if entry is not forced and no criminal damage is caused to the premises.

Another squatter, who refused to give his name, lashed out angrily at the public attention saying the squatters had every right to occupy the two mansions.

"It's basic human right," the graphic designer said.

"It's a building the owners have neglected for 20 years that a load of artists have taken over."

The mansions are just a short stroll away are some of Park Lane's exclusive addresses - including an Aston Martin dealership, the Dorchester Hotel and celebrity haunt and restaurant Nobu.

Sham Mas, who works as a banker in the building neighbouring the squats, said: "I think it's hilarious that's there no law to stop them. It's weird.

"We hear the dogs sometimes, we haven't had any trouble yet but we're locking our doors, so it's okay."

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
ur only 16 mate...still a kid lol ;)

depends on the squat really tho..
used to goto loads when i was alot younger man.

a bunch of hippies listening to techno/trance and some dnb.

My mum used to take me to a few and i used to goto similar things with my dad as he was in a bike gang and they wer always organising shit

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
squat raves were good back in the day when i was like 14/15 but they started attracting a bunch of cunts...started robbing people an bringing bad vibes...

so i stopped going...
with the type of people i went there with u wouldnt get any cunts like that.

everyone just got along.

you'd get a few different bike gangs and stuff there but they where all sound.

SLow

Quadrospazzed life-glug
VIP Junglist
Nah disagree, squats Ive been to have generally been pretty raw and skanky, think crackheads playing his decks on the floor through a shitty old hi fi amp.