Squat Raves

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by ExplodingMan, Apr 21, 2009.

1. ExplodingMan

ExplodingMan Member

or illegal raves what ever u wanna call em, whats everyones opinion on them? i've been to a few but always find them a bit too bait and prangy if u know what i mean? good music normally though.

2. Marachew

Marachew Drum N Bass B2B

There still about, imo i find it hard to find them but when u do it is always worth it even if they get broken up. U just have to make the most off it from the sec u get there.

Wicked vibes n and always loads of supplies about ;) LOVE UM!!!!!

3. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Ardly eva hear bowt em down ere anymore. Bit hard to get away wiv an illegal rave in such a built-up area........would love to go to one tho!! Old skool jungle to show me wat I missed! Peace.

4. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Apparently there was one in Somerset a few weekends ago but couldnt make it down.. anyone hit that? Would love to go to one, shame the ones that used to go on local to me, The Manor, got shut down years before i started raving :(

5. ExplodingMan

ExplodingMan Member

ooooo there's still loads going on all over england, you just need to know the right people ;)

6. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Round London every wkend.

Not that hard to find.

7. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

I used to go to loads round here when I was 17-18, then Ketamine took over, shame really.

8. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Should be hitting one up this weekend...

But yeah best vibes are at freeparties, beats a club any day... Its the freedom to do what the fuck you want... Although that does come at a cost an you do end up with dick heads trying it on, but other than that nothing can beat them.

9. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

I prefer a club, too many fruitcakes at free ones!

But on the other hand, al fresco raving is something else, I'm sure I`ll be reaching a few this summer.

10. DJ_T_ONE

DJ_T_ONE Member

I'd agree with this totally. Total freedom when your raving is something everyone should experience. Shame its all gone a little quiet round here in the last few years, lots of systems getting shut down, thanks Norfolk Constabulary, thanks a bunch:applause:

11. Nutek

Nutek movement junglist

if anyone knows of any in hampshire at any date can you hit me up with a pm please :)

12. Wazza

Wazza Its Not Relevant is it

That was in a village called mells they held it in an abandoned quarry. a few of my m8's went to it but it got shutdown by the feds in the early hours.

13. M5318

M5318 Member

Went to a mad warehouse rave in South Bermondsey opposite Millwall's stadium. Was a laugh until the "millwall firm" turned up and battered security and nicked a couple speakers. Everyone there was the hippy type so there was about 2000 people all hiding upstairs, watching them make carnage downstairs through this window. Was scary as fuck, few people tried to resist and got stabbed apparently, but they left about 12:30 and everyone just went downstairs and carried on the rave. One of the oddest nights of my life.

14. bigdave1992

bigdave1992 Member

yeah my mates into all the free parties and there is 3 crews with big 10k-20k rigs which all get linked up...

It was all in the papers that a little village called great elm was kept up cos my mates and the other rigs were pumpin the shit out of it till the early hours of the morning!

i havent been to one yet...seems like good vibes but i think all the people hate any music that is slightly commerical or played by big djs...even if its a good tune...they have to be totally underground...

15. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

never been to one tbh, i know there are a few around kent and south east london. just havent been yet

16. dcg

dcg yes yes.

There was one in Pembury near Tun. Wells last wkend. Sounded messy. Think it's a 'know the right names' kind of thing

17. ExplodingMan

ExplodingMan Member

bigdave, the music has to be dirt!!

and rightly so.

18. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

used to go every week.... mainly siren & underground sounds....

we put a few on in deptford, lewisham and greenwich as well... ah the good old days

19. glennyb

glennyb Member

ive been to a couple, not a big fan. shit systems and proper frausty people plus too many fucking ket heads.

interesting but not my cuppa. could be my cuppa with modifications though...

20. Wazza

Wazza Its Not Relevant is it

u from Frome by any chance????