Spreading sample across keyboard

Arfeds

hi chaps

im trying to figure out how i can spread a sample in varying pitch across an entire keyboard in exactly the same way as the tutorial below

however i do not have battery 4 and dont really want to stump up the dough for it

surely there must be a free and easy was of doing this?

thanks in advance for your input

Last edited by a moderator:
just use any sampler

most daws have them built in, or theres a few free ones out there, have a look on google

Try this. . . . .youtube, "how to use a sampler" with most DAWs its just drag and drop a sample. then play till your hearts content.

yeah halion is cubases sampler, should be built in

or if not i hear disco dsp highlife is supposed to be a good free sampler

If you're talking free samplers, the best I've come across is ShortCircuit. It's from the same people who worked on some parts of Albeton so it is quite solid. I'm just not sure if auto-pitches a single sample across the key range at the press of a button or two lol.

Most samplers tend to timestretch the sample along with the pitch i.e slower tempo if pitched down from the source pitch, faster tempo if pitched up. It's kind of annoying actually and if you're going for a free sampler you'll probably have to deal with that, unless you use another program to create 126 other pitched samples with the same tempo.

Not an ideal solution at all.

Back
Top Bottom