spor update.

i dont think spor would ever totaly move away from drum and bass to b honest. he may b quiete in the dnb front for abit but not completely gone.his feed me project is fukin outstanding and his other genres hes makin are jus outta this world. for aslong as ive known spor every tune hes made is better than his last.he learns wiv every tune he makes and his engineerin skills are top notch. and hes right,when a tune of urs that uve sat there for 2 weeks/months and put alot of effort into gets leaked its depressin as the mans gotta make a livin! People say its not about the money wich is right in away,it is a passion but at the end of it all it is a job for him. anyway enuff with my rant........2 fingers up at the people who share is all i can say!!!!

its most probly bollocks!
hes not gonna give up the thing hes good at an made money from!

H'se posted a reply

It's good to see this forum is as bright and positive as ever, although I do quite like the endlessly dour comments and apathy that DOA has become famous for in a sadistic way...

The reason for my post was because some of our forum members grabbed an unfinished track off soulseek, used it in a promo mix, put it on youtube, and then had a big thread about how much of my unreleased music they'd amassed. I don't really mind if it goes on but I mean come on...it's a bit of a ' '- like someone nicking your furniture and then coming round to discuss how comfy it is. Of course stuff is going to get leaked blatantly - it's just a bit much - for the record I sent the track to three people, logged, and know who it was - doesn't really matter.

I just feel album wise I'd be nice to really bring something new and have it feel fresh - I saw some comments about D&B having a short life span coupled with a deathly slow release schedule - do you think I feel any differently?

If I had it my way. we'd all drop our guard and freely remix , rewrite or distribute whatever we wanted, and shift the focus back to progression instead of clinging to a old-fashioned hierarchical dubplate structure; somewhere where the electro scene flagrantly wins. Maybe we can make it happen - dunno. Perhaps the reason is that unlike younger genres there's still a core of the D&B industry that's focused on trying to make maximise a living off vinyl sales.

Aw heck, I'm ramblin' again...

H'se posted a reply

It's good to see this forum is as bright and positive as ever, although I do quite like the endlessly dour comments and apathy that DOA has become famous for in a sadistic way...

The reason for my post was because some of our forum members grabbed an unfinished track off soulseek, used it in a promo mix, put it on youtube, and then had a big thread about how much of my unreleased music they'd amassed. I don't really mind if it goes on but I mean come on...it's a bit of a ' '- like someone nicking your furniture and then coming round to discuss how comfy it is. Of course stuff is going to get leaked blatantly - it's just a bit much - for the record I sent the track to three people, logged, and know who it was - doesn't really matter.

I just feel album wise I'd be nice to really bring something new and have it feel fresh - I saw some comments about D&B having a short life span coupled with a deathly slow release schedule - do you think I feel any differently?

If I had it my way. we'd all drop our guard and freely remix , rewrite or distribute whatever we wanted, and shift the focus back to progression instead of clinging to a old-fashioned hierarchical dubplate structure; somewhere where the electro scene flagrantly wins. Maybe we can make it happen - dunno. Perhaps the reason is that unlike younger genres there's still a core of the D&B industry that's focused on trying to make maximise a living off vinyl sales.

He's a smart man that Spor...

It really says something negative about the scene that undoubtedly one of the most talented producers feels this way :( Shit needs to be sorted out ...

Really hope things start runnin a bit more smoothly for him, would be a huge loss if Spor were to stop making drum and bass

And it would be even more of a shame if he felt more comfortable making music in the electro scene, what would that tell you about our scene?!

I guess it's gonna have to get to a stage soon where dubs are just not sent to ANYONE, because clearly there are too many people who cannot be trusted

i think the biggest loss here is that he sent a track or tracks to 3 people who he clearly trusted / possibly very good friends with (or so he thought) and theyve practicaly stabbed him in the back... fucking disgusting if you ask me - what are they freeloading of his name or something? "HEY SPORE JUST GAVE ME THIS EXCLUSIVE IF I GIVE YOU IT YOUR ALL MY FRIENDS RIGHT? IM BIG IN THE GAME!"

some of u might think im way off but ive seen it done and it realy shows u who your freinds are. good thing is it sounds like he's shrugged it off and good on him.. cant let ppl like that bring u down.

I do like the whole dubplate culture, but I much much prefer the way Electro music gets shared around extremely quickly - and still sells.

true musician.
he shouldnt quit the scene because he is an innovator of drum and bass, but if anything it will be even better if nobody knows what hes going to release. would make it that bit more special for the fans and himself when he finally decides to release his tunes!

Wierd ain't it..the internet has allowed teh musci to spread more quickly, but at the same time its killing music sales and radio ...only 6 years ago radio was one the the only sources of good underground music, and now you can just go online and any chump can set up and internet station..its diluted things and now you can't even trust anyone

i blame file2hd, limewire and other pikey programs that simply steal music
it makes me so angry and im not even a producer

i blame file2hd, limewire and other pikey programs that simply steal music
it makes me so angry and im not even a producer

I whole heartedly agree with this.. A friend of mine came around last weekend so I could fix her ipod for her... Of course I gave her a couple of mixes I and other had done. whilst doing so she asked me where she could get a particular dubstep tune. I told her Dogs on acod or breakbeat.co.uk, she looked at me and said "what pay for music"???? and of cause she uses Lime wire!!!!! I just told her buy it, if you get music of Lime wire you'll get a virus and shed loads of pop ups.... She still looked at me like I was mad and said I don't wanna pay for music!! "Well suffer the consequences then"

Does anyone know anyone who couuld upload a really good virus onto such Pikey website??? I would happily do it for the good of the industry....

I do also think some of the artists could take more steps the prevent their music getting lynched...

Back
Top Bottom