Drum & Bass SPOR TYPE FILTERED REESE NI MASSIVE

Discussion in 'Production' started by PatrickReza, Jul 18, 2012.

1. PatrickReza

PatrickReza New Member

Hey guys I really want to know how to make this style synth in NI Massive with the help of filtering, etc. Pointers would be awesome! :)

Tutorial links would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Presets would be even MORE APPRECIATED! <3

I don't know the name of this type of synth so I couldn't find the right tutorials/guidelines for it.

2. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

You can start by setting up a saw waveform on both oscillator 1 and oscillator 2. Start to slowly adjust the pitch (either positive or negative value) of oscillator 2 and you'll begin to hear the typical detuned reese phasing sound.

From that point on, start experimenting with Massive's different filters and LFO's. YouTube "Massive Tutorials" or "Massive Production Master Class" and you'll be treated to many tutorials. Also, (and I don't mean to sound like an ass) take time to read Massive's manual. It's quite, uh, Massive, but it really goes into great detail about all the different parts of Massive and how they function.

For some free presets go to massivesynth.com.

Cheers.

3. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Filter the noise as well

4. PatrickReza

PatrickReza New Member

thank you both any thing else?

5. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Get to know Massive's Filter types and their sonic characteristics. And as spyre said, the noise section of Massive is very powerful and can really add character to the timbre. Get to know the different types of noise and their effects on the sound. Some will add nice grit while others will add some "pluck" noise which is good for sequenced sounds and those 80's video game glitch noises the kids seem to rage about these days. :)

Cheers man.

6. modern

modern Member

I'm a bit under, so I don't remember how I made this. If you like in my spare time I can go over it, and tell you some of the aspects, and the how-to to the patch. Or I can upload it for you? lol