Spor & Noasia Bass, AT LAST! Think i kinda of figured it out!

8x0cwg.png

Both attached basses were made using the same mixer channel but reece 2 was made using the 2 saw waves and sine.

Enjoy :D

Attachments

• reeeeece bass 2.mp3
    220.5 KB · Views: 935
  • reeeeece bass 3.mp3
    220.5 KB · Views: 719
This is my option for Calyx bass http://soundcloud.com/genocideinfectedbtz/mikronautz-lilith-preview-demo - used Sylenth1 from scratch (2 Saw oscillators 3Voices each, detuned, with some distortion and eq on the channel - made some cutoff automatics and bounced that - than slice it and map it on to the keys using Kontakt4 or any other cool sampler/slicer. Boost some highs on the eq on Kontakt. Loki tutorial on How To Make Reese Bassline on YT was incredibly helpfull- he is the Man! Best Regards

thats funny not one song except for my hip hop tracks do i use a sample and the serious sounds track. The sample i used doesnt even sound a thing like what came out. If you were more familiar with granular synthesis you would know that. when it comes out of the graINER if you tweaked it right you wouldnt be able to hear it. but thank you for the feedback i appreciate it

The manly way to have responded was to actually be open to what he was telling you. Listen to the drums and vocals in your song, those are samples and it's beginner sounding.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

And jesus forget the reece I posted earlier, I am much better than that. I'm gonna make a tutorial soon and I'm going to document it all

As far as your effort goes, its not a bad effort. it could most definitely be the base (sic) for a noisia style bassline. It needs more tearing, and filter modulation. my basslines usually involve 3 instances of massive and one of rob papan sub boom bass. if you work out how to get that nice noisia tear at the higher frequencies, let me know! I've got some nice "tearing" going on, but its no noisia. I know noisias basslines are all resampled several times. i think I've worked that out. so i'm assuming huge long fx chains per "rendering" :(

The noisia basslines are brilliant. I've been trying to make those sort of basslines since back in the days of Konflict - messiah. then noisia came along and i had a new goal to attain.
i can get extremely close now, but to me its still just not right. The more important point here, is that after spending so long experimenting to emulate noisia's sound, i created 400 or so patches that sounded fucking SICK in their own right, in the time since i first heard noisias phatness.

I guess you can hear some of them in my tracks at soundcloud, and myspace's
http://soundcloud.com/teehaichcee
http://www.myspace.com/totalharmoniccontrol

Then if you want any tips on any sound from any of my tracks, fire away, and i'll explain how i did it!

So basically, i'm asking for some reviews, and in return i'll impart my techniques! pretty sick deal i reckon :P

I hope i've been of some assistance! :)

Peace,
Matt

they are cool tones which im sure woukd do well to base a noisia bassline on but ii think what people associate the most with their bass is the flktersweeos whuch your bit doesnt have much of at all. god work so far doe chappy

Attached files sounded average. Sorry bro, overly distorted. I personally like more, say, unique and weird.

But I do have some tips for making that Spor diarrhea kinda basses. Take a oscillator. I like Massives exclusive "scrap yard". Pitch it the fu'k down and route thru bandrejectfilter. It should sound gurgling sh*t.Take another one. Pitch it a little higher thru maybe highpass or notch. Apply a macro control that adjusts both oscillators modulation a little and both filter cutoffs. Maybe add a sub bass and make it change in pitch with the same knob. Finish it with ohmicide, all under 100hz = clean, and higher frequencies should have something like the dist. porridge. Make sure to make it sharp! Experiment with this.

When you get something out try to make cool pitchbends on them and further process. That's how I learned, by experimenting and learning by myself. And it's helluva job!

Back
Top Bottom