Spor / Feed me retiring from DJing?

Fair play. If only more would do the same; there are too many bland DJs playing at events that are producers foremost. Problem is these days it's hard to make money from production alone so artists have to DJ for the extra cash to earn a living.

Fair play. If only more would do the same; there are too many bland DJs playing at events that are producers foremost. Problem is these days it's hard to make money from production alone so artists have to DJ for the extra cash to earn a living.

And if you wanna get good gigs you have to produce too

Nail. Head

Pretty much what I came into this thread to say.

If all the producers who were shit DJs quit then that would open the door for a lot of the talented Bedroom/Local Resident DJs which deserve to play the big clubs. Producers could just send their tracks out to these guys and they would still get just as many plays.

I could only see it helping the scene improve!

ha, I wrote this on the facebook thread where I first saw the link...fully agree

Not sure why everyone thinks he's retiring? He said he will stop for a while... IMO What he's saying was that he was djing too much latetly and couldn't focus enough on production/making music/making art...? or am I getting it wrong here?
I think he's well aware that he earns way more money djing/performing than producing/selling music... Since he's done a couple hundred (maybe tousand) shows he can put the djing on the backseat, like noisia, who aren't djing as much as they were years ago.

Fair play to him, for being honest

Drum & Bass has always been a cliquey, political, concrete scene. Getting your music or skills across to a crowd has always been difficult, no matter how talented you are.

Technology in recent years seems to be infiltrating a few of these boundaries though. Let's hope we see more talented producers/DJs/hosts take advantage of this.

Back
Top Bottom