Spoke to Dan out of the Brookes Brothers

Speaking of BBK artists and albums..... what happened to Baron? He's been 'working on an album' for longer than Sub Focus apparently has been. I know he did the music for some skate film but that was awhile ago...

Speaking of BBK artists and albums..... what happened to Baron? He's been 'working on an album' for longer than Sub Focus apparently has been. I know he did the music for some skate film but that was awhile ago...

Wasn't that long ago man, the video's not even out yet and it sounds like it was a massive project

Album talk is just silly man, nobody is ever gonna rush an album so it's just done when it's done

Hazard mentioned about doing an album probably about a year ago now, but I know full well nothing is gonna even begin to materialize within the next 12 months because from what I've heard recently he's just not in that place at the moment ...

Maybe one day he will be though ...

Hazard mentioned about doing an album probably about a year ago now, but I know full well nothing is gonna even begin to materialize within the next 12 months because from what I've heard recently he's just not in that place at the moment ...

Maybe one day he will be though ...

I think an album from Hazard in theory could be good, but will need to show a load of variation from what he normally does. Original Sin's LP looks to have a few different styles on there and i'm surprised he's releasing an album quite so soon as he's not been solo for that long.

I think an album from Hazard in theory could be good, but will need to show a load of variation from what he normally does. Original Sin's LP looks to have a few different styles on there and i'm surprised he's releasing an album quite so soon as he's not been solo for that long.

Hazard's a true innovator, he could definately pull it off

Hazard's a true innovator, he could definately pull it off

I think he's probably the best 'jump up' producer the scene has, along with Clipz and Taxman to an extent. But an album of tunes that just end up aping Machete would be boring. I'm feeling the new style he's been doing with tunes like Fools, Taktix and Wicked So where he's been changing up the groove on his tunes but i think he needs to explore some other less aggressive styles just t show some diversity. Selctor was a wicked tune and wasnt overly jump up in anyway

I think he's probably the best 'jump up' producer the scene has, along with Clipz and Taxman to an extent. But an album of tunes that just end up aping Machete would be boring. I'm feeling the new style he's been doing with tunes like Fools, Taktix and Wicked So where he's been changing up the groove on his tunes but i think he needs to explore some other less aggressive styles just t show some diversity. Selctor was a wicked tune and wasnt overly jump up in anyway

He's got a whole new batch of tunes since Fools, Taktix and Wicked So, on a pretty different vibe, a lot more "minimal" if that makes sense, really focusing on the core elements (FAT drums and FAT bass) and not clouding them with too many extra fx and the like

But it's not an album vibe

At the end of the day I don't really think Hazard's too bothered about an album right now, he will always write exactly what he wants to write and I don't think he's swayed too much by what everyone else is doing at the time, which imo is a good thing

I think he's probably the best 'jump up' producer the scene has, along with Clipz and Taxman to an extent.

You were going well until this

Clipz has made 2 or 3 average songs at best. Every one of his songs sounds the same and I couldn't give a fuck how they 'destroy' dancefloors. Pilled up chavs will dance to Hungarian folk. They don't know good music

Clipz has made 2 or 3 average songs at best. Every one of his songs sounds the same and I couldn't give a fuck how they 'destroy' dancefloors. Pilled up chavs will dance to Hungarian folk. They don't know good music

Humanoid (aka Clipz) - Tibetan Mist? Average? :rolleyes:

Number 1, Black Doves, Rubbish, Cuban Links, New Generation were all sick tunes in my opinion

Someone needs to post a vid of a pilled up chav dancing to Hungarian Folk though.

@Scotty: I dont really rate that Tibetan Mist tune. Think its quite boring personally

Number 1, Black Doves, Rubbish, Cuban Links, New Generation were all sick tunes in my opinion

Someone needs to post a vid of a pilled up chav dancing to Hungarian Folk though.

@Scotty: I dont really rate that Tibetan Mist tune. Think its quite boring personally

Different strokes for different folks personally I think its a classic

He's got a whole new batch of tunes since Fools, Taktix and Wicked So, on a pretty different vibe, a lot more "minimal" if that makes sense, really focusing on the core elements (FAT drums and FAT bass) and not clouding them with too many extra fx and the like

But it's not an album vibe

At the end of the day I don't really think Hazard's too bothered about an album right now, he will always write exactly what he wants to write and I don't think he's swayed too much by what everyone else is doing at the time, which imo is a good thing

I listened to Cowards Beware the other night. Everytime i hear that tune i just think of Playaz at Fabric. Such a banger

I listened to Cowards Beware the other night. Everytime i hear that tune i just think of Playaz at Fabric. Such a banger

You know mate

If you were ever at Fabric when that tune was dropped you knew/know about it

I remember Hype opening with it at Playaz when it was brand new and I just didn't know what to do with myself when it dropped, puts all this "filthy wobble" business to shame

You know mate

If you were ever at Fabric when that tune was dropped you knew/know about it

I remember Hype opening with it at Playaz when it was brand new and I just didn't know what to do with myself when it dropped, puts all this "filthy wobble" business to shame

hahahahaha. sick...

thats exactly how i felt when i heard Machete when it first got played at Playaz. 4 rewinds! Everyone just went bananas, i was just looking at the crowd like "What the fuck..."

I've only ever seen that happen with one other tune and that was Disco Dodo at The End. Andy played it 5 times and had a different mix with every rewind. Mental

hahahahaha. sick...

thats exactly how i felt when i heard Machete when it first got played at Playaz. 4 rewinds! Everyone just went bananas, i was just looking at the crowd like "What the fuck..."

I've only ever seen that happen with one other tune and that was Disco Dodo at The End. Andy played it 5 times and had a different mix with every rewind. Mental

Disco Dodo is a work of genius man, was so original at the time, and really well produced

And Machete ripped up dancefloors left right and centre before it became overplayed, everyone knows that even if they hate the tune nowadays, you cannot deny, love it or hate it, that that tune is one of the biggest of the last few years

Playaz for me is definately the Mecca of jump up, every artist who is lucky enough to release music under one of their labels has at least a pretty high standard of production

everytime i speak to them they're more and more excited about this project, and one thing that is great about them two is that they don't fuck about with the quality control, it's got to be good... whenever it comes it'll be banging.

wayne you know the coo geez =]

Back
Top Bottom