splitting a hour long mix into seperate tracks without silence

pitts

VIP Junglist
i have been using Audacity to record my mixes and when i split the mix up into seperate tracks by adding labels then exporting multiples there is 2 seconds of silence at the end of each track

ive been looking into and im not sure if you can do it any other way on audacity

does anybody know a way of doing in audacity or another peice of software that will do this

any advice is appreciated thanks

You can definately export out of audacity without the 2 second silence inbetween tracks. Ive done this personally.
Its probably something youve overlooked inside the export options.

yeah u can do it with audicity!
i have in the past, however i've noticed there is no gap when i load it onto my mp3 player but on a cd there is a slight glitch between changing tracks, not sure if this is just my cars cd player, it might jump to the nearest second.

Even simpler question. I'd love to know how you split them in the first place?

Does that mean my sets would become .rar files?

You can definately export out of audacity without the 2 second silence inbetween tracks. Ive done this personally.
Its probably something youve overlooked inside the export options.

When ive put all the tags for when one track ends and another starts and gone to export multiple on that window that comes up i couldnt see any options about silence between tracks just options about what format you want the exports to be and where you want them saved

im not at home at the min and i am going to try what toolx says and export as WAV and then if it doesnt let me put that onto a disc i will then convert that to MP3 and then burn them onto a disc

go to the first part of the mix where there is a change from the first to the second track and put the indicator icon what ever it is called onto that exact point and press CTRL B. This will put a flag at that point, do that to each transistion of the tracks and go to file and export multiples

When ive put all the tags for when one track ends and another starts and gone to export multiple on that window that comes up i couldnt see any options about silence between tracks just options about what format you want the exports to be and where you want them saved

im not at home at the min and i am going to try what toolx says and export as WAV and then if it doesnt let me put that onto a disc i will then convert that to MP3 and then burn them onto a disc

i always export as wav and burn as audio cd with no pauses between tracks and it always works flawless.

i use sony cd architect, does everything, splits into tracks and then burns to disc with no gap between tracks and so always gives a fluid mix cd.

Back
Top Bottom