SPLICE THREAD

DYSRUPT

So, with this new collaborative community website called Splice, I figure it would be a good idea to start a thread for all the dnbforum artists to share new stuff we are working on and/or help another in need.

I think as far as knowledge goes, this is the best way to share ideas quickly. The new comers for instance, can upload a track, share it here and ask for some help. Someone more knowledgeable can easily open the project file and make the necessary adjustments and send it back. What better way to learn, than to see what happened to your own track to make it better or cleaner.

Another great thing about this is MIXDOWNS. so many people have problems with mixdowns. Get the track as close as you can, upload it and share the splice link here, maybe someone will have enough heart on this forum to open it up and make an attempt at cleaning up the mix.

after all, its all about giving back the knowledge we learn here.

So, I'll start it off then.
This is something i started today. It has no end and no beginning, but i think it has potential if someone wants to get in on it.
[ABLETON]
https://splice.com/dysrupt1/toe-tag/timeline

Listening on headphones so cant give you the exact. But, turned volume up quite high and couldnt hear that punch of the snare cut through like I do on others. Personal taste but the kick is to much high, i thought it was a gabba track at first. The variation is good and the mix of synths works well.

since its a collab track, i didn't go crazy on mix down yet. . . .Do you use ableton? change it.

Erm, interesting thing somebody came up with. Want to try. Sign up. Get error. Dump.

Speaking a tad more seriously - how to get that beta access?

- - - Updated - - -

Top 100 plugins used by community, Sytrus not even in the list. U wot m8.

Because for me it´s fucking logical - wanna bass sound(or any sound), open Sytrus, profit.

Good idea for a thread. I signed up for the beta and responded to the email but still waiting for the invite.

Post emails if you want an invite

- - - Updated - - -

Need some feedback on this https://splice.com/teekay/dnb2--/timeline Arrangement and making the blend is what I need suggestions/tips on atm
Sounds like it needs a ton of eqing for room and space. I'll dl it and clean it up as much as i can

I downloaded it, but its in session view, with none of the sounds in the audio clip you uploaded?

Last edited:
I don't see many "session view" collaborations. Maybe if both people were in the room just compiling ideas in session view clips before arrangement.

But it IS still a beta. It'd be nice to have a more refined search too. like genres.

Spoke with tech support, the ALLEGED fix for missing session view info is for the author to reupload the project. Can't confirm yet.

Invite has come through. I'm looking forward to checking it out later. Maybe stick an old project up

You just have to save the project to the Splice folder

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds awesome too. i wish i had FLS

Thanks man.

We could bypass the whole shit and send stems. My email is sesull77@yahoo.com if you want to chuck some stems my way for a collab. Im always down with KNOWLEDGEABLE artists for a collab and you seem to know your shit.

OR, if everything in your track is audio, i can probably download and grab the stems from there and vice versa. Even without using the same DAW, downloading the project must contain the audio files.

Hmm yea, most of my stuff is audio, but I then you just have the unprocessed sounds and stuff. I'll just bounce everything out and send it your way! I'll do that in a couple of hours, haven't got enough time now

Back
Top Bottom