Splashy Crashy DNB cymbal loops

dj-dusty

VIP Junglist
Splashy crashy cymbal loops
Hey peeps, I was wondering if any of you lot know any good places to get some decent crash loops to later over my drums.

I've tried making my own but they just never sound right.

I just need something to give my drums some top end sparkle because at the moment the drop seems a little dead and I'm struggling to get it sounding right.

I mostly take the low ends off, and try to make the sound of the crash/ open hat loop really fit with my other hats. I sidechain it under my kick or snare aswell, to give it a bit more flow , and use the fl studio stereo enchancer aswell :)

Also a tiny amount of flanger can help for movement and also reeverb on the high ends!

I mostly take the low ends off, and try to make the sound of the crash/ open hat loop really fit with my other hats. I sidechain it under my kick or snare aswell, to give it a bit more flow , and use the fl studio stereo enchancer aswell :)

Also a tiny amount of flanger can help for movement and also reeverb on the high ends!

When I work with my drums, I try to imagine how a real drum kit is set. I try to vizualize some drummer kit on my mind, like, for example, Mike Portnoy kits (and they are hella big). Normally you have a crash (or crashes) on both right and left of the drummer, with different timbres. and that's what I normally do: get different crashes samples, and pan, one right, one left. This gives a more "real" sounding.

Now, OP, there's a difference between crash cymbal and splash cymbal, being the splash a small cymbal that produces a more "harsh" sound, with quick attack and decay, in comparison with the quick attack and long decay of crashes.

Yeh i have tryed all of these but they just dont seem to fit right, so i was thinking maybe i need better samples or some loops to edit etc.

I just want some smasher sounding crashes to put over the top of my drums to give them more top end and a live feeling because they sound a bit dead

Yeh i have tryed all of these but they just dont seem to fit right, so i was thinking maybe i need better samples or some loops to edit etc.

I just want some smasher sounding crashes to put over the top of my drums to give them more top end and a live feeling because they sound a bit dead

Yeah, maybe switching the samples could give you what you want. don't forget to add variation on the velocity of the hits too.

Essentially you just want some top loops you can stick over the top of your drums with minimal processing required right? Try buying some of the bhk packs, rough connections are good...there are some nice loops in there. Bhk packs are great cos there very open for processing but also sound good out of the box. Alternatively you could find some nice breaks, tgere are loads of free packs online. High pass all the shit out of the bottom end, maybe edit out the kicks and snares if you can be assed and stick it over your loops

Back
Top Bottom