Spirit "On Edge / ????" (Inneractive 002)

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Heres another white label I was fortunate enough to get ahold of. Unfortunatly I don't know the name of the tune I actually like.

Spirit "On Edge / ????" (Inneractive 002)

I believe the tune titled "On Edge" is the dark and depressing tune on side A1 however unlike the steak sauce this tune is not A1 material. Its very monotanous and depressing, the only redeaming factor of this tune is the catchy bleeps which had me remembering the tune long after I heard it. If only they (the bleeps) were used in a more uplifting tune it would have been cooler. The tune which rocks my world is the one on the B1 side. This tune is too cool for words, it truely sounds like something Lucky Spin would have released in 1994 only it sounds more up to date. The tune uses a nice shuffling yet driving breakbeat simmilar to something Digital might have used in the past. Just when you think the tune is going to be depressing like the A1 side it proves you wrong! Extremely sexy 1993 cords come in as if telling you "everythings going to be A OK so just chill out". Then the tune really gets going with some nice sub base and some even sexier hardcore techno keys start playing. In the breakdown its back to the sexy 1993 cords after which the mix-out section comes in. The tune is just too cool for words IMOP, you really need to hear an audio sample of it because its hard to describe. My opinion is natraly biased because it moves me so.

I rate this record: 8/10 (I'd rate it higher if the A1 side was just as strong)

Originally posted by Kanta
the B side is called "Sanctified"

love that marchin' breakbeat, one of my favorites

Yeah I found that on a site today, I fogot to update my post.

Yes that breakbeat is the best (but I don't know what its called *reminds me of skeletons marching oddly enough*)! It was used to extremely good effect on Beta 2 & ZT's "Lip Service".

Back
Top Bottom