SPIN????

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by BENJI_BOY.82, Aug 13, 2006.

1. BENJI_BOY.82

BENJI_BOY.82 New Member

hi guys,
    I seem to have a problem. I would like to seek advice how to make the sound of a spinning record where you can hear only the tone which constantly graduates to the very high sound, but you can`t hear any bass or nothing apart from this tone, if you know what I mean. Sorry can`t describe it more properly, `coz my knowledge of turntablism is somewhere between nothing and nothing. I have cheap decks and djm600, I wonder if the mixer(or I) can do that? Should it be possible, would you please advise me how to do that. How to set up the knobs, or is it sampler, which can do that? Can I use any segment of the record or does it have to be a "special" part? Thanx for your answers to my question.

PS: Do you know any webites where I can seek advice and further improve me skills?

2. mekim

mekim Member

buy some battle wax

3. mesh

mesh Active Member

you're talking about spinning the record faster so the sound gets higher pitched, and you want it with no bass frequencies ..? you can cut the bass out with that mixer, so you can make that sound yourself ... if you want a record with this sound do as mekim says, go looking for battle records in your hip-hop shop.
    also check here - http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=3012
    http://www.battlesounds.com/home.html

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  4. dj revere

dj revere Member

battles records with tones, buy some

5. Flatmatt

Flatmatt Member

you could also try running a high pass filter on the DJM's fx processor, it'll cut down on the bass and some of the lower Mid frequencies aswell.