Spilt Drink !!!

ONSLAUGHT88

VIP Junglist
right i took my 1210's to a night last night, was a good night plenty of people then an hour before the end some one spilt beer on one of my decks!! wernt fucking pleased to say the least and we cut the night.

everything around my tone arm that could be turnt into a puddle was, and it went in my paltter a bit, i took the platter off and the plastic protecter then proceeded to shake beer out of it, was running out of the pitch and everything, it still works i dried it out and left it on spinning for a while to warm it up, it seems ok but i was wondering what shall i do??

can i get it serviced locally or do you reckon me and a mate should take it apart and clean it ourselves??

Youtube Technics Servicing and see if you'll think you are capable. Need to get that shit completely clean imo, beer gets sticky and shit and the pitch will get very stiff.

as a bare minimum, i'd get some of this and clean as much as you can without taking to much apart, it depends how much you give a shit. technics have survived much, much worse.

http://cpc.farnell.com/servisol/100005000-200ml/aero-klene-50-200ml/dp/SA00001

7891286.jpg

cheers guys, ive got a mate who is brilliant with fiddly shit (not in a kiddy sorta way neither) so il prety much let him do it and watch ;)

happened to a mate of mines decks a while ago a good 3-4 times lol, constantly spilling shit on them and they still work to this day, but yeah they will get abit stiff. Just goes to show how well they're built though!

think id cry too mate! have you seen the price of 1210 mk2's these days? i got mine for 330 each with a needle and mat about 2 years ago. now you just get the 1210 with no bits for 490 from the same place!

definitely give them a good clean, i don't know about you but i couldn't just lay a grand down for two turntables. i just about managed the 656 with a lot saving!

Last edited:
happened to a mate of mines decks a while ago a good 3-4 times lol, constantly spilling shit on them and they still work to this day, but yeah they will get abit stiff. Just goes to show how well they're built though!

this gives me hope then :) i think il still clean em, re grease the height adjustment and shit.

i didnt know what to do, i was just severley fucked off, if i did cry they would have been tears of pure anger, if i did it to my own id probably just gently sob ;)

and @ dozer i managed to get em second hand 375 for the pair, i dropped one a lil while ago too, was wizzing and went to take em in a taxi and stood on the ground cable. yanking em upside down out of my hands and smashing into a phone charger and a plug socket smashing both of em up, they almost cushioned the blow, i panicked then, got in the taxi and took em round me mates and its pretty much sweet, the tone arm is a lil fucked and needs replacing, but it still kinda works. not the best luck tbh

Mate I dropped one of mine from about 10 feet straight onto the top and it still fucking works! My old dear left a wooden model cat half way up my stairs and trod on the spikey ear and the deck flew outta my hands, there was a fucking dent in the carpit for over a month! It's a bit crooked at the back but with a little tone mark adjustment it played fine!

They are near indestructible these things!!

Back
Top Bottom