Spectrum analyzer for Reason 4

Arfeds

basically i either need an external or plugin spectrum analyzer that works with reason 4. any recomendations?

I dont think you'll be able to get one for reason, as far as I know you cant add to the devices in it. The way I use one is I have reason rewired through pro tools, and I run a free version of "Inspector" by RN Digital on the Main Out, then solo a track if i want to analyze it seperately.

if you have a soundcard get wavelab and open it up while using reason (uses hardly any cpu btw) an bring up the analyser in that an just use it for reference, tis wat a mate of mine used to do, works well.

u can use the vocoder in Reason 4 to set up a analyzer, but it looks ugly and not very detailed. I rewire reason too use a vst analyzer.

sphinx tip sounds fine, asking myself if it works when running on asio. Without using Asio the analyzer is delayed by 2-3 sec, with Asio all is pretty much realtime. And it seems i can only use one Audio prog when running asio, so does this hack with wavelab and reason work while running asio?

Another option may be "virtual audio cable", but i didnt figured it out yet myself.

Why dont they put in a reasonable spectrum analyzer in Reason :confused: Biggest leak for me. Should i play dice to master and mixdown in it...

Theres a setting in wavelab where u can switch to asio havent used it so i cant really comment as i have no sound card.
Im sure it'll work tho wavelab is ahead of the game lol unlike reason! So much missing in it yet it does quite alot of shit other DAW's cant manage, sods law!

Im sure it'll work tho wavelab is ahead of the game lol unlike reason! So much missing in it yet it does quite alot of shit other DAW's cant manage, sods law!

Thats because Reasons not really a DAW, as a stand alone program yea its missing a lot of stuff, but I always look at it as a synth rack to wire into my DAW. If they tried to cram audio processing into it aswell they'd probly have slacked with all the rest.

they sell it as a DAW, but i think they dont put in such plugins because the average reason user anyway doesnt care or doesnt know much about spectrum analysis and frequency plane and how to use it to rebuild or set up sounds with synths. Especially its hard to look at the vocoder and thor programming panel at same time cause of the small GUI, really bad solved. Reason is better for sample orientated users.
I dont think its to hard to set up an analyzer, the math is done and the source code for it out there :D, every DAW i tested has one FFT in it, that vocoder monster is really a shame. Maybe they dont want to confuse people with such stuff...

But i agree with u. I mostly rewire Reason to use some of the nice refills, redrum and thor. Its a nice synth and sample rack too get ideas, but trying to remix or master a song in it just suc....

Yea rewirings the way forward. Like you say making a tune start to finish in reason would be a right pain, and very limiting. I think its a bit of a joke to sell/promote is as a "digital audio workstation" when it doesnt actualy support audio! I spose you can load your own .wavs into the Redrum or NNxt, but even then it doesnt leave you with much you can actualy do with them, and it'd be a right task

Back
Top Bottom