SpectraSoul - SHA054

Both sides are wicked, hope the vinyl release is mastered properly unlike the new rockwell 12" though, would be a real shame if not.

Album is shaping up to be sick.

Last edited:
yeah im hoping the album is sick, its got their classic sound from a few years back, probably better then the glimpse single but im not 100% sold on 1 listen, will hopefily grow on me

both sides are quality, dont see how shackles can only be classed as easy listening

what's up with it?

It's been pressed quietly and the mixdown is muddy and lacks any top end, just not up to scratch. Bagged it at the same time as the new SGN:LTD 12" and the difference is very clear, so disappointing.

Similar type of thing to the Break EP they did a couple years ago.

Last edited:
It's been pressed quietly and the mixdown is muddy and lacks any top end, just not up to scratch. Bagged it at the same time as the new SGN:LTD 12" and the difference is very clear, so disappointing.

hmmmmm not good. reckon the artwork release will be any different? maybe it's a promo ting

Not sure, do you have the way of the warrior full release? I got the promo of that and rat race was cut similarly on my copy, needs boosting to get it to the same level as most other 12"s.

If it is a promo ting then that really takes the piss, twice in a few months I have been punished for being eager to get some tunes!

nah i dont but heard of the problems. yeah its a bit shit, i'll wait for artwork and hopefully it wont have the same problem!

Not sure, do you have the way of the warrior full release? I got the promo of that and rat race was cut similarly on my copy, needs boosting to get it to the same level as most other 12"s.

If it is a promo ting then that really takes the piss, twice in a few months I have been punished for being eager to get some tunes!

Rat Race is fine on the full release. Overpowering almost, actually. It and Cemetery seem to be mastered really loudly.

I don't get why people still buy promos. No artwork and higher chance of it sounding shitter due to questionable manufacturing quality. Just wait another couple of weeks.

Rat Race is fine on the full release. Overpowering almost, actually. It and Cemetery seem to be mastered really loudly.

I don't get why people still buy promos. No artwork and higher chance of it sounding shitter due to questionable manufacturing quality. Just wait another couple of weeks.

Really? Fucks sake...

Your probably right tbh, although ram promos are always on point, as was the latest SGN:LTD.

Thank fuck I didn't sign up for the shogun promo list is all I can say, after this and the rise of prototypes/friction cheese.

had no promo with my Rockwell promo...
although I have had problems in the past with other labels.

anyway, will probably bag this too. like both sides.
much better than their last Shogun outing...didn't like the gift one bit compared to these.

Back
Top Bottom