Spectrasoul remix of Adele

djslime

What do people think of this?
I've heard the original on the radio and was feeling it, so to hear spectrasoul remix it, made me semi a little bit :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
for me, so much more emotion in this version than the original. The original is far too up tempo and jazzy, for the content of the lyrics, i think spectrasoul turned it into a sick and thought provoking tune,

adeles version just seems to be wasted energy to me, it had the potential to be deep and meaningful but the main drive and melody of the song to me was sort of upbeat and cheery.

for me, so much more emotion in this version than the original. The original is far too up tempo and jazzy, for the content of the lyrics, i think spectrasoul turned it into a sick and thought provoking tune,

adeles version just seems to be wasted energy to me, it had the potential to be deep and meaningful but the main drive and melody of the song to me was sort of upbeat and cheery.

Ye, well said.

I just think they have added the secret ingredient which was missing from the original, and that is, Minimal drums and a dirty sublow bass! :)

Fair point but I'm still liking both versions. Even tho I haven't checked the lyrics I find the track and idea of a folk/soul song is working very well with adele. I'm loving those strings in the remix!

Wasn't overly keen at first. Didn't think the vocals sat right with the beat. But for some reason it sounds a lot better on the recent Shogun podcast, think they may of touched it up a tad or something. Not completely convinced but am definitely feeling it more now than I was.

The beat doesn't suit the lyrics likes lynx's remix of limit to your love.... However the Jamie x x remix of rolling in the deep is by far the best version by far..

wonder if spectrasoul will get the rights.. or maybe a lil bootleg press will come out..

Im guessing they already have, else they wouldnt want their name plastered all over it, because if then they don't get the rights, they could get done for copyright, im not sure how all that works tho, im just assuming lol

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

I actually really like this tune. I love how diverse Spectrasoul can be.

Yes mate!! exactly what i said, they can go from each end of the spectrum and make amazing tunes everytime!! BIG!

Im guessing they already have, else they wouldnt want their name plastered all over it, because if then they don't get the rights, they could get done for copyright, im not sure how all that works tho, im just assuming lol

it was plastered all over the internet as them before friction played it on the podcast and said it was 'annoymous'

Back
Top Bottom