SpectraSoul launch new label, Ish Chat Music

Hurricos

Last edited:
Can't wait for this, I've always loved Spectrasoul's output and how varied it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if those two clips are on this EP, the first one I imagine would be 4URGH while the second is probably SM1.

Last edited:
They've (alix and spectras) probably both had 2 album deals. Only Icicle signed a new one I think

I feel like over the last couple of years I've kind of outgrown Shogun and it's sound. Maybe Alix & Spectra felt the same?

Shogun doesn't (for me) have that rounded approach to it anymore. Feels quite single sighted in what's being released (although that ed:it release actually conflicts everything I'm saying!! :()

I feel like over the last couple of years I've kind of outgrown Shogun and it's sound. Maybe Alix & Spectra felt the same?

Shogun doesn't (for me) have that rounded approach to it anymore. Feels quite single sighted in what's being released (although that ed:it release actually conflicts everything I'm saying!! :()

Totally with you. Fully agree. I'm sure they've quit because they're not in line with what Shoguns plans were. One can just hope Ed will keep on doing what he does and not be too much torn into the technical side.

Totally with you. Fully agree. I'm sure they've quit because they're not in line with what Shoguns plans were. One can just hope Ed will keep on doing what he does and not be too much torn into the technical side.
Could start a new thread here:

"Which DJ's & / or Labels still cover a wide spectrum of D&B?" :)

I always liked (many moons ago) that people like Hype, Friction, Andy C covered a real wide spectrum of sounds. Doesn't really happen now does it.

Could start a new thread here:

"Which DJ's & / or Labels still cover a wide spectrum of D&B?" :)

I always liked (many moons ago) that people like Hype, Friction, Andy C covered a real wide spectrum of sounds. Doesn't really happen now does it.

These days, as silly as it may sound to others, I think Hospital/Med School and Metalheadz are the only big labels covering a wide spectrum. I could be wrong though.

These days, as silly as it may sound to others, I think Hospital/Med School and Metalheadz are the only big labels covering a wide spectrum. I could be wrong though.

I went from religiously buying early early hospital to avoiding at all costs and possibly to my own disadvantage still avoid :(

Headz I agree. Still quite varied. Not much else about though is there.

Tbh I wouldn't say Headz as they are in a league of their own, plus you don't see them putting out bangers nor liquid. Hospital is the only one I guess, although they are lacking the "deep" side probably. Shogun could have still been in the game had they kept The Prototypes and SpectraSoul/Alix Perez.

Tbh I wouldn't say Headz as they are in a league of their own, plus you don't see them putting out bangers nor liquid. Hospital is the only one I guess, although they are lacking the "deep" side probably. Shogun could have still been in the game had they kept The Prototypes and SpectraSoul/Alix Perez.

This is why they need to try and sign LSB in my opinion. :teeth:

Yeah I remember hearing something like that, but it just seems like such a good fit imo.
That's a good shout!

Tbh I wouldn't say Headz as they are in a league of their own, "plus you don't see them putting out bangers"....... Hospital is the only one I guess"

Hospital putting out bangers....... :lol: :teeth:

Liking this ep. Question is, are the Spectrasouls pockets big enough to be pressing tunes on their new label, like Xtrah?

Lenzman / ivy lab for the liquid, forthcoming heist for the bangers?

When I say liquid I mean descendant of liquid funk rather than hospital boom tish boom tish boom tish boom tish :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C3SL712/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Short previews of every track, so those video clips in the OP are 4URGH and SM1 respectively.
SpectraSoul showing their versatility right here. If I had to pick one it would have to be Only You, but all four are good in their own right.

Release date April 8th it says, not long either :)

Sorry I meant how you get these video url's?

Cheers!
Open video, right click and show URL, copy said URL. I may be wrong so kindly correct me but the video URL is the same as the page URL, in which case you can ignore the first sentence

Back
Top Bottom