Spectrasoul - How We Live

DankerThanDanson

Retired pitcher
VIP Junglist
Thoughts?

I just got this in the mail.

The LSB collab is nice, but, Solah's vocal on Fiction has an intoxicating and catchy melody that just gets stuck in your head. Fiction is the track for me.

I like those two, and I'm hoping the deeper side of the album grows on me.

I need to give those tunes a solid rinsing. How are you all taking to the album? What tunes do you rate?

That Fiction is too good, without that song though, I would be quite disappointed by it.

it's largely bunk except for a couple

pretty much a lot of filler little killer.

You could get by buying a couple of their EP's, Second Chance and their collab with Perez and skip the album.

But, I do like Fiction, just don't know if the album can stand on the merit of one track.

I like it. Apparently I’m the only one here who does so I’ll let myself out

I haven't made up my mind. For any artist that has found some success; it's difficult for them to exceed the shadow of their former triumphs (*cough Delay No More) Nothing can top their debut album. Let's just accept that and move on with our lives, hahahaha.

Of the deeper side, which ones do you like? I mean, it's all tight production. It all sounds good. I just think the deeper side is missing that X factor. It doesn't hit me the same way say, the first time I heard Break, Octane, and DLR - Murmurs (VIP).. or, the first time I heard Floating Zero.. or, any number of anthems.

Not dissing the production, they are tight beats. I'm sure once a song sneaks up on me, I'll be pleasantly surprised. You know how, you have a song play out on a fat system and you see it and hear it in a new light? Kind of like if you are half in the bag and you see a girl you hadn't considered, in the right dress, hahah, you know what I mean? When you hear a song almost in its natural environment and habitat, rather than rushing through listening to something new on your headphones, trying to decide if it's tight or not.

Anyway, I'm going to throw Fiction in the mix with a few more a got this week and see where we go. No hate from me Spectrasoul. I love y'all and what you do, mad props, keep doing you, you guys are two of my favorite producers.

Of the deeper side, which ones do you like? I mean, it's all tight production. It all sounds good. I just think the deeper side is missing that X factor. It doesn't hit me the same way say, the first time I heard Break, Octane, and DLR - Murmurs (VIP).. or, the first time I heard Floating Zero.. or, any number of anthems.
Pinger was my favorite

Pinger was my favorite

Nice, that one sounds good too. I'll throw that in the mix too.

I'm going to mix that with something off Gerra & Stone's Polarism methinks.

If I can get that in a mix and on my phone, it may surprise me, as I listen to it when I'm going about daily life.

I think the album is a grower. Been listening to it a lot since it came out and I think it's actually in my top five albums this year now after being disappointed with it on first listen. Close to The Mistress but nothing on Delay No More. Still great though.

Tunes for me are Fiction, Heartbeat, How We Live, Remember Me.

Back
Top Bottom