Spectral Analyzers.. am i usin em right?

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
Right im usin Waves PAZ Analyzer.... (is this the right one?) to monitor my freqs but ive noticed if i mess with any eq the damn thing doesnt change so do i need to route it to somewhere or something?

im usin cubase sx3 so any help?? i will really appreciate it!

route to the master channel in the mixer, will show you every hit frequency, u gotta know what you are looking for though.

obviously to monitor individual hits (eg snares) route to snare channel in mixer .

krease

waves paz doesnt have a very high resolution so its hard to really see where things are hitting. i use blue cat freqanalyist its pretty pro

Let me try explain better...

im usin both waves paz and vspan and got them selected as vsts on my kick, snare, bass, hats channels to monitor the freqs.

Now when i mess with the EQs, the changes do not relect on the spectral display and just stay the same as the original sample.

Am i missin a trick ere? i assumed that any changes made on the EQ would show up on the spectral?

Thanks

hi mate, no real need to route it to individual channels, just have it on ur master, then solo ur kick to see what frequencies its hitting at etc etc

so i would have thought u just need to select it under VST instruments and route that to ur master channel?

anyone help at all?

you need the spectral analyzer on the master channel, sitting in the racks after any other effects you apply to your master. A good way to test whether the S.A. is working is run a 6 band eq as your first rack channel on the master, then add the S.A, when you sweep the lowest frequency node youll see what it does on the S.A, an sweepin the highest freq. node, youll get the same effect. hope thats clear :wave:

Voxengo span is excellent my analyzer of choice.....
and i agree with dequo paz analyzer resolution
is nowhere near high enough to be of any real use....

my personal favourite though is still probably
specPlus... flo (phace) showed us this plug a
few years back... doesnt run as a VST....
stand alone only... great plug though...!!

Back
Top Bottom