spectral analayzer

You'd be better off using software for that purpose. More flexible. Like Voxengo SPAN which is free. Plus that Noisia thing was years ago if I remember.

Yeah there's some timeless tips in that Noisia DOA faq, but it's gotta be about 5 years old+ now

You'd be better off using software for that purpose. More flexible. Like Voxengo SPAN which is free. Plus that Noisia thing was years ago if I remember.

Hmm, any way I could maybe put something along those lines on an itouch or something?

Hmm, any way I could maybe put something along those lines on an itouch or something?

Why?

I think your hardware fixation is going a bit over the top. You shouldn't just get gear because its packed in a metal box. For example most cheap HW units like EQs, compressors and synths do digital processing inside, which essentially means they work and sound just like their software counterparts. There is nothing that magically makes your sound fatter in them. Especially something like a SA unit. Software SA's are more flexible, easier to use, faster to setup and not nearly as heavy.

Why?

I think your hardware fixation is going a bit over the top. You shouldn't just get gear because its packed in a metal box. For example most cheap HW units like EQs, compressors and synths do digital processing inside, which essentially means they work and sound just like their software counterparts. There is nothing that magically makes your sound fatter in them. Especially something like a SA unit. Software SA's are more flexible, easier to use, faster to setup and not nearly as heavy.

The reason I wanted hardware is so I don't have to switch screens to see the analysis. But I realized a solution, I can just get another monitor or a seperate spot on my (big ass) monitor for it.

I realized about the digital processing bit yeah, it says on the unit if it is digital or not, eve though it is a rack unit.

Horace Andy. Legendary. But i'm not sure that mr majestic contains anything of that... what makes you think so?

Btw who remembers 0=0? he had a bis where he sampled horace andy. 'You are my angel' was the original. He also did a tune out of Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes. It was fucking huge but I think it never got a release... too bad. In the dub limbo forever I guess.

edit: hahahahaha!! wtf am i talking about it wasnt peter gabriel LOL I'm sure it's horace andy's tune as well

Peter gabriel what the fuck...

WHT TH FCK

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom