Special mixes to you and why?

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Anyone got any mixes they have found or heard that really hit a spot for whatever reason?

I have 2..

1st being Sub Focus- Rock It >> Nero - Act Like You Know

Absolutely loved this mix as when I was 16 or I went to gay pride in Brighton for the first time and was the day I got proper close with all my older brothers lot (best mates now) and got introduced to the world of drugs. During the evening of pride they used to do 'Black Rock' which was rig after rig set up along Brighton beach. One of my brothers mates (and my childhood neighbour I hadnt seen for years and current housemate) had a set lined up there and we ended up going b2b for my first gig with all his vinyls which massively contrasted my style but I managed to dig out 2 of my favourite tunes at the time, Rock It and Act Like U Know and opened the set with a double and have never felt a rush like it! Was a completely surreal experience as was also the first time I had tried coke, mandy, pills, ket and nos (which blew my mind at the time!) so I was in an absolute mindstate with a set infront of hundreds of Brighton gurners. Won't be forgetting that one :)

Also C&K - All Night >> Dub Motion - Awakened

Found this one this year at my mates house in a complete other world on acid. Completely won me over after I found it and went on to do it at least 30 times that night with it nearly bringing me to tears each time haha. Still huge love for it and is musically the mix I am most proud of.

Any of you have any brool mix stories to share?

I went to gay pride in Brighton for the first time and was the day I got proper close with all my older brothers

Lol, gay!

:gaywhite:

:teeth: Had to, sorry Muzza

- - - Updated - - -

Will answer with a serious reply later

Last edited:
Your a bloody raging faggot muz dont hold back :teeth:

Anyway certainly a couple that stick in my head

Friction @ Hardware (2010 I think) Kingdom >> Stigma, reloaded. Cue absolute mayhem inna dance.

The first time I heard Andy C do the Messiah >> Babylon mix (maybe 09?) Room 1 of Fabric. Was jamming on the stage and just watched the carnage unfold in front of me, drink flinging etc. wicked.

When Marka first came out I heard Friction double drop it with his doctor p - sweet shop remix, just remember the whole room going absolutely fucking bonkers, was even more special because it was the first time me and my ex gf heard marka being played out and we were both really obsessed with it at the time, became one of those mdma-induced moments that will always be really vivid in my memory

Might have to get round to trying that mix out myself..

Last edited:
God knows how you remember that after taking half a pharmacy.

But for me it was global gathering this year and Andy C teasing a couple bars of Noisia - Facade.

I wanted to cry.

Ahh fuck reading this should bring back so many memories but I for the life of me can't right now! (Too much kaining)

I'll post soon!

The opening of the Green Mix (Nightlife 6) Stepped Outside >> Under The Sun and also Searching >> Gravity (Lenzman Remix) as to be heard on Friction's Fabriclive 70, both are so eerie, uplifting and emotional at the same time I always feel like flying whenever I hear those.

The tease of Druggy into Metrik's Engine Room as to be heard in HAB's latest 3 deck thingy, my head exploded the first time I heard it.

Mixing Bomber into Kingdom, was my first attemp to rewind ever (even tho I fucked it up a bit :teeth:), a moment I'm gonna remember forever as not only the crowd went totally mental, but also my mates from backstage/other DJs on stage were screaming at me to rewind that shit.

Friction doing slow down>signal at shogun @ cable

Slow Down > The Mines was another gold friction moment.

In that live video from that night they did you can see me going apeshit shaking the fence/railing thing by the DJ booth at cable. Wicked night, badly miss cable.

That Rock It >> Chris SU - First Snow mix from (i think) a dnb arena cd i had way back was one i fell in love with immediately. Beautiful mix.

More recently though i'd have to say Cyantific - Infinity > Hazard - Killers Dont Die. Just perfection.

uncz in the chalet... back in the day i was a walking mess of all powders white and in my SAVAGE jumpap days this is just the greatest mix cd of all time... birng me ur hate for saying but i fucking love it....

actually the ride home shall consist of this later

Moving Fusion - Thunderball
->> Dillinja - Twist Em Out
->> Bad Comany - Four Days

Trying to remember who did this mix but it blew my head off.

Also Maldini dropping Messiah, bringing it back.. then double drop with The Nine. Considering he was never that great behind the 1's and 2's it tore the roof off.

One dj I love for special mixes is Mampi Swift. He pulls some brilliant double drops out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom