Spec laptop to run Serato or Traktor effortlessly???

i guess ur never guaranteed with the no crashing, but id go with atleast recomended specs which you will find on the site, dnt just aim for minimum specs!

Its the same old story really, if you dont want to do any tinkering, just plug & play then fork out the extra for a mac.
If you dont mind getting your fingers dirty then go for a similarly speced windows machine.

If you want the bare minimum and save yourself a packet then get a second hand dedicated windows laptop. You can get by on the pentium4 dual cores and a couple of gigs of RAM.

I got an Acer Aspire S3 purely to run serato, does the job nicely and is twice the spec and half the price of the equivelent macbook.

Nice and slim and light, sexy as hell, and very nicely specc'ed for a £500 laptop.

Acer-Aspire-S3-picture-and-details.jpg

I was considering a macbook but tbh i was only going to use it for serato, and i couldnt justify spending that much for a shitty operating system on overpriced hardware.

But enough of that, im sick of people comparing mac's and pc's.
Compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

In all honesty though, pretty much anything made in the last 3 or 4 years will run serato fine.

Last edited:
Pointless mate. Your paying for a light up apple logo and a shitty operating system.

Unless you plan on doing a load of graphic design and video editing just get a ultrabook (like the aspire S3 i mentioned).

Dude I'm using my Mrs' laptop which is like 5 years old and really slow but serato works like a charm, never had any problems with it at all, little bit gittery at points but its all good. I don't think you need a mssively specd up comp to run it to be honest. Obviously if you can get a nice one go for it, my mates macbook air runs so smooth.

You do notice performance increases in serato when you use a decent machine. For example more RAM means tunes get loaded into serato quicker rather than waiting a few seconds for it to load. And more processing power means the machine doesnt struggle to process the timecode signal into a place in the tune being played.

At the end of the day a higher specc'd machine will always be better, but doesnt necessarily mean its needed.

If you do want to go for a macbook air or similar, i really do recommend looking at other kinds of ultrabooks like the lenovo ideapad or acer aspire s3 etc. Cant stress enough how much of a waste of money it is to buy a macbook if all you reallllyyyy want it for is to run a DVS.

You want a lappy with a fairly fast hdd, 4gb ram (its so cheap these days you might as well) and a Core 2 Duo or faster.

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom