Speaking of drugs...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by mzacker, Nov 13, 2007.

1. mzacker

mzacker ^^^^/\^^^^

Is anyone else bothered at how much dnb, and other electronic music for that matter, is associated with drugs.

I talk to people who're like, "dnb is whack. Maybe I could enjoy it if I was high on drugs or something."

Fuck that. Statements like this are insulting to my taste. It's analogous to telling someone, "your girlfriend is busted; maybe I could do her if I was drunk of my ass or something."

2. mesh

mesh Active Member

yeah good point, I've had people say that. To me its music that sounds awesome when you're straight as a pin, and I got into raving well before I ever took drugs. Its the energy in the music.
    On the other hand if you want music to get truly ripped on good ecstasy to, drum'n'bass is your friend. And dnb would not exits without ecstasy culture, like it or not.
    The association with drugs doesn't bother me as such, but the effect of certain types of drugs (I'm looking at you crystal meth) on the scene is something I am very aware of.

3. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

ppl can take drugs if they recon the music sounds better on em.
    but personally i fink dnb sounds good all the time.

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

once at this house party, where everyone was high on pills, there was this one kid who sat glued to the computer the whole night playing necros white slavery video over and over. weird i thought, have you seen that vid? its pretty sadistic. thats the same kid who went moose hunting with a bayonette (heirloom from his late grandfather you see, he never went anywhere without it) after being awake for a couple of days on speed. imagine right, middle of the forrest and this scrawny white kid stalking invisible animals with eyes like black holes haha

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

you ever seen a bayonette theyre pretty big hed have a separate bag for it [​IMG]

6. Thrawn 6.7

Thrawn 6.7 Member

Erp! o_O:-/:mrpanic:

7. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

I remember when meth (in the states) was a hilbilly drug. coming from central america (arizona, Oklahoma etc....) Now as i remeber when it reached the coasts, me being on the east hearing how it was an epidemic in Cali. now its a epidemic over here and i remember when it was smack dab in my lap. Yea ive done my share, but after the 18th time of being awake for 5+ days...i let it loose. shit is foul...does all kinds of bad things to your body. It got so bad here, we cant even get cold medication without showing ID and copying your address.

shits a epidemic

8. mzacker

mzacker ^^^^/\^^^^

YES!