Speaker wattage

bone

Myself and a few mates are thinking of doing a barn party for NYE, and want to rent a set of large, clun-like speakers for the night. Any idea on what wattage of speaker (or any other specifications) would be required so that you would be able to really appreciate the bass on such a system?

Cheers

Okay.. try again. Want to rent out some speakers for a party on NYE, is anyone able to reccommend what would be a good specification for speakers (ie frequency response and such like). Im not very familiar with such things and am posting on here for help as i am completely unknowledgeable on the matter. Was wondering if anybody could help

Myself and a few mates are thinking of doing a barn party for NYE, and want to rent a set of large, clun-like speakers for the night. Any idea on what wattage of speaker (or any other specifications) would be required so that you would be able to really appreciate the bass on such a system?

Cheers

Sounds fun i want to go lol

I recomend you to have 8x 18" subwoofers for 8000 watts of bass with 4000 watts of mids highs.Another tip is to cut high freqencies comming to subs around 90-120hz... this will make bass much more clear and powerfull.

this does not cost very much and it have that big sound characteristic.Stack up the subs... 4 on every side... two subs and another two on top of them,this will give you synergy bass bonus.

Rent a system that will go lowest possible... if you can get subs that will go down to 30hz or lower... then do it.With any system that will have lowest range at 40hz or higher... it will sound like shit,some tracks will completly lost their basslines.

If I were you,I will go for Cerwin Vega TS-42... 21" 2000watt horn subwoofer with 27-215hz range and very very good price for that performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom