speaker set up

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
if i have two 500 watt speakers connected to a 1600 watt amp will the speakers blow up?

cheers.

Also a tip if your using large PA speaker for a party or something always remember to warm the speaker up so to speak, leave them playing for a while at a low level, an gradually turn the amp up, or it can fuck them up after a while

i haven't bought the gear yet, but i'm buying a 1600 watt amp for £120, i'll look for some 800 watt speakers.

i haven't bought the gear yet, but i'm buying a 1600 watt amp for £120, i'll look for some 800 watt speakers.

That would be the best idea, but you can still get away with weaker speaker, but just dont stick the amp on full power

yeah i will buy the 500w speakers and just not turn it up, i'm still worried i'll blow something up though :lol:

yeah i will buy the 500w speakers and just not turn it up, i'm still worried i'll blow something up though :lol:

If i were you id invest on the speakers first, and then upgrade the amp later. Makes more sense than buying a good amp and being really careful with some less powerful speakers.

I dunno though.

@Saint

I can get two 500 watt speakers and a 1600 watt amp for £280 before christmas, that's why :lol:

@perspective

That's EllaSkins, top knotch vid's (y)

why dont u just go out and buy some speakers with the amps built into them? i mean if you want that much power then you might aswell

i don't have the money to spend on actives, it would cost double

@aflex, why would i want to spend £270 on 300 watts of power when i can spend £280 on 1000 watts?

Back
Top Bottom