speaker set up

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
if i have two 500 watt speakers connected to a 1600 watt amp will the speakers blow up?

cheers.

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Also a tip if your using large PA speaker for a party or something always remember to warm the speaker up so to speak, leave them playing for a while at a low level, an gradually turn the amp up, or it can fuck them up after a while

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
i haven't bought the gear yet, but i'm buying a 1600 watt amp for £120, i'll look for some 800 watt speakers.

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
yeah i will buy the 500w speakers and just not turn it up, i'm still worried i'll blow something up though :lol:

Saint

Buried Audio
VIP Junglist
yeah i will buy the 500w speakers and just not turn it up, i'm still worried i'll blow something up though :lol:
If i were you id invest on the speakers first, and then upgrade the amp later. Makes more sense than buying a good amp and being really careful with some less powerful speakers.

I dunno though.

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
@Saint

I can get two 500 watt speakers and a 1600 watt amp for £280 before christmas, that's why :lol:

@perspective

That's EllaSkins, top knotch vid's (y)

DJ_Akro

GO BIG OR GO HOME!
VIP Junglist
why dont u just go out and buy some speakers with the amps built into them? i mean if you want that much power then you might aswell

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
i don't have the money to spend on actives, it would cost double

@aflex, why would i want to spend £270 on 300 watts of power when i can spend £280 on 1000 watts?