Spare Room

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Greg P, May 16, 2008.

1. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

So me and my mate are moving into a new house on the 7th of June (same day I go on holiday, curse my wretched timing!) it's a real nice 3 bedroom semi detached in Bethnal Green.

We've got a spare room so I thought it's be a good idea to offer it to my forum buddies before we offer it round to the general population!

It's a small single room, so we're going to make it way cheaper than the other 2 rooms so it's £430 a month.

Ok, now for me to do the estate agent bit...

The house itself is fucking great - big lounge and kitchen with patio doors from both rooms into the back garden. All the floors are wood, the walls are painted neutral colours and it's on a real nice quiet street that is literally round the corner from Bethnal Green tube - hit up "Corfield Street" on google maps and you'll see what I mean!

You'd be living with me and my good friend Emmanuel, we're 26 & 27 and fairly fucking chilled out!

You can stay for as long or as short as you like, and you won't have to sign no contracts or nothing like that!

Let me know if you're interested...

2. safety

safety double safety

i might actually be interested. i just need to find out from my landlord what the situation is with my place. i'll get back at you in a bit

3. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

4. safety

safety double safety

just how small is this room, coz i got a lot of crap and my decks, but i guess if you got decks in the lounge then i could stash 'em at a mates place

5. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Really small...

I'll lay it to you straight - there's only a single bed in there - you might be able to get decks set up in there but it'd be tight!

Probably will be setting decks up in the lounge, or at the very least in one of the other rooms. There's loads of storage space around the house - built in cupboards and all that, so whoever took the small room would be given plenty of space in them, and there's a shed in the back garden for outdoorsy style stuff, or stuff that you really don't give that much of a shit about...

The small room is the one drawback about the place, if it weren't for that it'd be perfect

6. BDS

BDS Active Member

£430 pm is alot tho m8 u on the skank or what haha

7. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

yeah I know it sound like a lot, but origionally the room was going to be taken by another mate of ours and that was the price that we had agreed on for it, we all (including him) felt that was fair, plus we're being super honest and saying it is small and all that - we don't want anyone to feel like they're being skanked, we're not like that...

It's basically £100 a week, which is quite cheap for London, especially as it's a nice house in a popular area which is really close to the tube & bus routes.

If you look on sites like gumtree or moveflat.com you'll see that it's fairly cheap for what it is - basically London rents are a fucking joke...

I'm gonna be paying more than £100 on top of that for my room, and my mate an extra £130, so we figured saving £100 a month for having the small room to be alright - considering all the other good points to the house (yn)

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  8. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Good luck, anyone wants the small room in my house they can have it for 400 a month!

9. safety

safety double safety

i'm paying £760 for a bedsit in tooting at the moment, so £430 sounds like a bargain to me.

10. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

youre having a joke right???????

why is tooting so expensive?

blackheath is a well pricey area, but my sis was paying £400pm for a bedsit there

in places like gravesend and that you could get a 3 bed house for £760pm