"spacey" basses in reason

Matt_47

VIP Junglist
anyone got any tips on how to make spacey-sounding basses in reason? - by that i means ones kind of like in lenzman - bear trap, or the second bassline in riff raff

cheers

Not entirely sure what you mean.. like a pad?

Try experimenting with different waveforms.

The thing I THINK it might be you mean in bear trap just sounds like a single bandpassed, detuned sine wave with a formant filter and a bigroom reverb....

Tho I think I might be totally off.

just go "create instrument" in reason and type in search field space, u get a ton patches in factory sound bank

for spacy sounds in general u should use unison to fatten sound, put slightly lfo, mod env on pan to create space, use reverb/chorus/delay and flat ADSR, bring movement in overtone spectrum, for example layer in Thor a fm on another basic OSC, modulate amplitude/pitch of fm, mod env on a comb filter, use a combinator with Thor, lay these parameter on the comb macro and u have a pad machine, maybe layer it with a malström, malström has some nice noisy sounds good for starting a pad. Use saw/square as basic bassy waveform and layer it with stuff above to give it spacy feeling

Last edited:
Don't tell anyone this...it's a huge secret. The secret that the elite "Spacey Bassline" masters of DnB have been using all of these years is an herb called...
GANJA!
It's sure to turn your flatlined b-lines into wavy gravy!

Last edited:
Yep...it's true.

Ganja=Spacey Basslines

Like I said before though...don't tell anyone because we wouldn't want everyone to be making spacey basslines all at once. ;)

? this forum get funnier and funnier, were u looking for spacy or spicy basses. spicy in no really useful attribute to describe a sound. makes as much sense as a "colorful sound"

And if u were looking for spacy basses, hey luke skywalker use the power of the force! :clown:

? this forum get funnier and funnier, were u looking for spacy or spicy basses. spicy in no really useful attribute to describe a sound. makes as much sense as a "colorful sound"

And if u were looking for spacy basses, hey luke skywalker use the power of the force! :clown:

mmmm....spicy basses...making me hungry.

Back
Top Bottom