SpaceJump Sky Dive! yeah

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
thats real balls. its been done before, in the 40s. the dude rode a balloon up and let go when a timer had reached zero and he was outside the atmosphere. said he couldnt hear nothing for the first few moments and then the familiar rushing of air came back. my mates used to do the opposite when they were kids , theyd row a boat out in the strait with a huge stone, take a deep breath and jump in holding the stone, see who could go the deepest. blissfully unaware of how bad this is, the risk for bends or shallow water black out and all types of shit.

ONSLAUGHT88

VIP Junglist
Dave beat me to it, watched that a little while ago, he is doing it higher though. It's mad he is going to break the sound barrier

Also they say this about his suit

It will have to maintain its integrity in the near vacuum of the very high atmosphere: if there is a serious breach in the suit, Mr Baumgartner's tissues would start to swell and the moisture in his eyes and mouth would start to boil.
Speeding human soup

ZackMRG

Circles are Pointless
VIP Junglist
Kittenger is on the team supervising the event, Seems a bit weak though now imo, seeing as we have all the advanced technology and that- deffo more badass in 60's even if it was at a lower altitude.

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
I know it's like those guys who climbed Everest in tweed and hobnailed boots. Still we should get some HQ footage out of this.

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
for some reason... i find the idea of this actually less scary than regular sky dive :/

im sorry this matey doesnt impress you enough though... hes only beating the record by 10km or summat!

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
They should fly to the place where he would neither fall towards the earth nor away from it and then leave him there...perfectly poised between the earth and space. Maybe they should keep doing that until they've got enough people to film a rather spooky mini series in zero g. T'would be very watchable...

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
but if his suit fails, and his boiling corpse comes rocketing out the sky, i think that would be an awesome vid.