South Coast Events

daky

Right ive been going to cocoshebeen for the last few weeks as it is a weekly drumnbass event and is only bout a 40 min drive from where i live in pompy....But we just havnt been feelin the vibe lately and are a little bored with the same old event...So could ne one disclose any info on weekly events around the area or info on nights that occur weekly in surrounding areas (E>G) southampton bournemouth brighton basingstoke...etc I heard the paradox can be heavy but is it weekly?????
a junglist in need of more raves!!! :wazzzup:

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
daky said:
Right ive been going to cocoshebeen for the last few weeks as it is a weekly drumnbass event and is only bout a 40 min drive from where i live in pompy....But we just havnt been feelin the vibe lately and are a little bored with the same old event...So could ne one disclose any info on weekly events around the area or info on nights that occur weekly in surrounding areas (E>G) southampton bournemouth brighton basingstoke...etc I heard the paradox can be heavy but is it weekly?????
a junglist in need of more raves!!! :wazzzup:
If the call for more Drum & Bass in Pompey was definitely there I am sure something would happen ;]

There is one idea floating about, will have to see what happens there!

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
redeye corporat said:
feed up of the same old shit, want a change then come and rave with us @ jungle warfare.
We the Redeye Corporation bring you the best nights in the south coast (02/02/04).
:lol: :teeth:

skope

promoti0nal.douchbag
VIP Junglist
redeye corporat said:
feed up of the same old shit, want a change then come and rave with us @ jungle warfare.
We the Redeye Corporation bring you the best nights in the south coast (02/02/04).

daky

redeye corporat said:
Aint weekly thu isit!!! :nono:

cant get enuff of dnb in pompee , just interesting seeing when u get certain promoters putting on weeklys in the past here and the turn outs are poor but the monthlys and bi-monthly etc get tings rammed , gud luck to any promoter who gets a weekly rammed night in pompee . challenge?

Charge

VIP Junglist
12 inch grinch said:
big up breakneck! :flame: but we need something weekly
The problem with weeklys in portsmouth is that its hard to find a decent venue willing to let u have friday night - cos they usually have cheezorama which is popular and gets em loads of money!
Weeklys on a day during the working week have been done before with limited success. I can think of about 4 of the top of my head.
We used to do one in jonglers on a monday - the first got just between 250 and 300 but it only lasts a few months and people just stop going???

If portsmouth wants events more often they have to be prepared to support them!
:hagglers:

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
SparkEE said:
cant get enuff of dnb in pompee , just interesting seeing when u get certain promoters putting on weeklys in the past here and the turn outs are poor but the monthlys and bi-monthly etc get tings rammed , gud luck to any promoter who gets a weekly rammed night in pompee . challenge?
Element said:
If portsmouth wants events more often they have to be prepared to support them!
:hagglers:
Word to both of those comments (y)

TooEZ

Gibber Jabber
Pompey does need more DnB. No doubt.

Like everyone has said, there have been nights, but they have failed in one way or another.

I think it is fair to say that a weekly night in Pompey on a fri/sat just won't happen. To much cheese around, and the clubs want money.

To be honest as well, a weekly night in Pompey would not get that many people anyway...so it doesn't really matter about getting a fri/sat slot.....best to leave Fridays to Breakneck to mash everyone up!!!

I think the best thing to do would be to get a small, but not too shite club to host a weekly on thurs/weds nights...i.e. Po na na in guildhall walk. Have DJs/MCs on rotation, and get as many promoters to join as poss to spread the funds. I think it should be something like £2 on the door, and the money going towards keeping the night running. I think it's be fair to say fees are not going to be acheivable....

Anyone else agree????