sounds changing during a song

Discussion in 'Production' started by pitts, Aug 20, 2010.

1. pitts

pitts Member

im fairly new to production and am using reason

a track i am working on i have noticed that a synth i use over the top of a bassline just 3 noted over one beat and ive noticed the synth lead changes pitch over a certain time period and then starts again in a kind of patern but i am wanting to keep it the same pitch all the time. Is there a parameter or function that i have got set that i shouldnt have on the synthesizer that is doing this

Also i have noticed that the clap i have used in my tune when it kicks in sounds slightly different for the two claps i have in each beat

these might both be really stupid basic stuff but i dont know it

2. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

sounds like a phaser filter to me. But then im not much of a producer...

3. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

could be a few things mate
    ur synth mite have a run function as in it plays its own little tune so try an find the run switch an turn it off
    it may also be that theres some kind of lfo goin on in the synth an its at say 3/8 wich will make it changed out off time with ur tune
    or it could be something different all together.lol

4. pitts

pitts Member

cheers for the suggestion will check it out

5. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

what synth is this happening on?

6. pitts

pitts Member

cheers

i know its not a run button or owt like that coz it stays in time it just kinda changes pitch slightly as it goes along but thinking about it i might have something to do with LFO i might of put some in when i was trying to get the sound i wanted, when i dont fully understand what everything does yet

7. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

something similar happened to a friend of mine and it was a faulty mod wheel on his keyboard - kept creeping up very slowly - he had strange things happen like that.

8. pitts

pitts Member

It is happening on the subtractor but i have had it before on other tracks i have worked on where malstrom or thor where used and have never managed to figure it out

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

i dont think its this coz it i happening when i have got the track in the sequencer and keyboard asigned to another device

it could be i have the mod wheel up a bit on the device and thats what is causing it